Bikefest Ireland

Jim

Club Member
Hi, Was wondering has anyone been to bikefest in Killarney and if so was it worth going to.
Cheers.

Never been to the bikefest but spent some time in area many many years ago. beautiful countryside and some great twisty roads. go for a week / long weekend and if the shows not up to much made a small holiday out of your trip.

Yeah was thinking maybe go for a week, at least if it's crap, can have a tour around.

The West Coast of Ireland is lovely.when you are at Killarney go to Dingle, a lovely little town. Do the Ring of Kerry, wonderful scenic views. Travel up the West Coast to Galway, a busy cosmopolitan City and while you are there go to McDonaghs Fish and Chip Shop, probably the best Fish and Chips in Ireland.
The one big drawback of biking in Irealnd is the Weather. The middle of Summer it can P*ss down for days! The Pubs are a joy, full of characters and great music.
You will have a great time. 👍🏻

Hi, Was wondering has anyone been to bikefest in Killarney and if so was it worth going to.
Cheers.
I've been a few times and can highly recommend it, its a free weekend so no ticket needed just accommodation you'll be lucky if u can get any at this stage unless our camping, from the event its walking distance up to the town ,great night life with loads of bars most with live music, Dingle peninsula is worth doing wer they filmed star wars, id avoid the ring of kerry unless u like being stuck behind buses and slow moving traffic
just go and enjoy.......

The West Coast of Ireland is lovely.when you are at Killarney go to Dingle, a lovely little town.
Dingle is lovely with lots to do, but beware the Wild Atlantic Way, which is terrific but literally single passing places, with massive european coaches. Be prepared to back up....

Reactions: Jim
Went the year HD had the European HOG rally there - 2006?
Was exceedingly lucky, did a trip along Ireland's Atlantic coast to get there, and had a whole week of dry weather!
Camped - just outside the town. Yeah, worthwhile doing the once.
I'm told 10,000 odd bed spaces in the Killarney area, so room booking shouldn't be problematic.
I thought that doing the Ring 'o Kerry appeared easier (less traffic'd), when doing it anti-clockwise.

Back