Bloody myopic motorists

PMK

Reps Liaison Officer
Well that was a fun hour.

Some utter twonk reversed into me on Tesco's forecourt on the way home from work. He saw an empty pump and just shot backwards. Luckily I held it up and all that happened was the front end twisted.
I think, he thought, I was going to hit him when I got off the bike, as he backed away from me (and the torrent of abuse issuing forth).

Hopefully he has learnt a lesson in observation today.

When I used to commute on the Electra once I was paused behind a car when the driver saw someone coming the other way wanted to turn right across her position so she obligingly began to reverse! Despite my horn and shouts she kept coming back, making contact with my crash bar and pushing me backwards, my legs frantically trying to paddle straight. When she stopped, then pulled over she got out and began shouting at me - "what was I playing at" - "you could see I was reversing!" - etc, I was almost hysteric with stammering replies but when she said "now lets see what you've done to my car" I lost it and shouted "how about this" and gave her car an almighty kick. I was a bit surprised when her headlamp burst, she was now hysterical and I rode off with a "F**K Off!"
When the cops called me in I was less confident but by luck the policewoman interviewing me left me alone for a moment with the paperwork on the table, when I quickly read the car driver saying "a large motorbike, possibly a 250 Honda?" I said to the returned cop "this woman probably had some run in with a bike and grabbed the first registration she saw as we all filtered past, she probably saw my plate because I was riding my huge 1200cc Harley, y'know, like the yank cops ride?" and I kept feeding in the info that I wasn't on a 250. The cop tried a blundering "why don't you just tell me your version?" but I stuck to the "no idea where this has come from?" approach and nothing came of it all. I can just imagine the version of events the car driver would tell her pals, getting them all comforting her..?

Don't forget the illiterate ones.
20230428_115900.jpg

Some woman drove into my wife’s car in the car park yesterday, not quite sure how fast she was going to get into a parking spot

Thankfully she a left her details so we can claim on her insurance
IMG_6037.jpeg
IMG_6038.jpeg

Back