Buell vs suzuki GSXR1000

devon.john

Club Member
tap up youtube EBR 1190RS vs suzuki GSXR1000 .

this shows how the buell out handles the suzuki a brilliant race!!

john

Re: Buell vs suzuki GSXR1000

You've got to wonder if they could have put a WSB team together what would that have done for sales.

Its hardly a match like for like thou is it? A GXSR produces 200 Bhp routhly (?), is a purely track bike made to fit the road, the motors past it's best, even in road trim in 20K miles.- one of my freinds has a three year old one that he can't comfortably ride for an hour before getting of (& he's only 6"00in).
Good it may be at going fast around sweeping track. I'd take the Buell every time.

What a great bit of racing, nice looking bike too, a distinct lack of foot boards and apehangers ! Eric is still in the game, preparing for next season. I would love to see one entered into BSB. Erik Buell Racing

What a great bit of racing, nice looking bike too, a distinct lack of foot boards and apehangers ! Eric is still in the game, preparing for next season. I would love to see one entered into BSB. Erik Buell Racing

It would not enen make the qulifying on the "superbikes class". If it could it'd be far to slow. Smart bike thou.

--Saying that is it a "sportster" type engine in it or a watercooled jap style thing?

Last edited:

The new 1190RS is an entirely new incarnation. Nothing Harley about it at all and it definitely isnt slow. A v-twin with 175hp, 97ft/lb torque and 176kg.

It's a cracking bike and its good to see them back.

wow some oh the best rideing ive seen for a while.......kinda reminded me of Foggy in the day..... ahhh those where the days ........:439:

don't watch roundy roundy racing much these days but after watching that might just start watching again if that was shown over here (don't do sky sports type stuff) be good to see how the Buell would do on the smaller tighter circuits here.

Great stuff and speaking as an ex GSXR 1100 racer that Buell stops on a sixpence:D

don't watch roundy roundy racing much these days but after watching that might just start watching again if that was shown over here (don't do sky sports type stuff) be good to see how the Buell would do on the smaller tighter circuits here.
Knockhill 1985 - YouTube

The old Battle of The Twins was the best racing ever for me. (sigh) Why did I sell my ol' Duke...(sob).

Last edited:
Back