Cafe' Knuckle

That’s an S&S one of the old club members had a similar style years ago. Can’t remember his name but Paul will
ECC32D8D-6A10-4FEE-81C1-4313BCFA3EE8.jpeg

Beautiful.

I was actually discussing this very bike with a friend on Facebook a few days ago. The "groupthink" ranged from predictable outrage from those who think every old bike should be a 100 point restoration (wouldn't that just be SO boring?) through admiration, lust and envy, to a bit of highly amusing but almost predictable sniffiness at the other end of the scale from a few who think every Knuck should be a 60's style chop. And they're just as boring as the other purists.

I'm pleased but not surprised that you like this one, Skip; I've noticed that cafe racer styling does not always delight the colonial eye. In which case, this one should float your boat somewhat as well.

My friend Mick Howard (known to many on here) tells me that this is a project which has been a long time in the finishing, as the owner is an absolute perfectionist. I think it shows.

280546064_5149234538452734_4439731740274772572_n-1-jpg.1189505

Last edited:
Once again it looks lovely but my back aches just looking at it. My only niggle would be wanting to tuck the speedo cable up nearer to the lower frame tube.

Ron.

Just had to edit my Freudian slip, I had lust instead of just.

I'm pleased but not surprised that you like this one, Skip; I've noticed that cafe racer styling does not always delight the colonial eye. In which case, this one should float your boat somewhat as well.

Admittedly, I've been an admirer of cafe' worked bikes since my '74 Ducati GT750. Something about the '70's Ducs.... a much, much leaner, almost savage beauty, than ones of today; design-wise I mean. Been a long time since a bike put me thru the 'Sit Stare and Drool routine.
But this Knuck..... Lord! What the bar has been raised to now LOL!

I'd like to see this one in finished trim.
Other Peoples Bikes (51).jpg

Thanks for your help Tom, sorted.

Last edited:
Back