Comfortable Seat Required- Any Recommendations?

F

FBB

Looking to replace the stock seat on my 2001 FLSTFi for something a lot more comfortable. Can't go through another season with Mrs FBB jiggling about behind me trying to get comfy! I must say the stock seat is somewhat hard on the posterior and I want to change it. Have had a look at Mustangs & they look OK, but as always there's no substitute for advice from users, so anyone got a real comfy seat that they could recommend?? ( Bear in mind also that I am a fat b*****d!)

Thanks

FBB

Re: Comfortable Seat Required- Any Recommendations?

Hey up FBB, I have a Lepera seat with biker gel in it & it's very comfy, but then my arse is a lot skinnier than yours :rolleyes:

But they do a variety of seat including this plush number;

152.jpg

Have a look on www.lepera.com

H-D do some chunky looking seats too. I've got last years catalogue and a custom chrome catalogue which has loads of seats in it if you want to swoop round to the office or Markham Manor mate ;) :D :D :D

Kendo :)

I fitted a Mustang on my FLHR and it's ace. The profile is a lot nicer to look at, sit on and it lowers your centre of gravity about an inch (much cheaper and easier than changing the front and rear suspension).

The big plus is how comfy the thing is, the biggest difference you can make to your riding experience! There are other manufacturers producing after-market seats of which I have no experience but the quality and comfort of my Mustang is the biz.

75578sm.jpg

My wife will testify, to anyone who will listen, to the therapeutic and comfort properties of the Saddlemen seat which I bought used from a Club Member. It is gel-filled, and has been a life changing experience for her, and we can now travel hundreds of miles with no discomfort at all.
Previously, she got jarred up the spine over the smallest of bumps (although I was fine on the front) and stops at 50 miles or so were the norm.
It looks pretty odd unless you have a sissy bar, as the comfort involves a fairly wide pillion pad, and sort of a whale tail, to clear the mounting screw.
I'd recommend it to anyone.

http://www.saddlemen.com/harleyindex.html

seat.jpg

seat2.jpg

Last edited:

banquo said:
My wife will testify, to anyone who will listen, to the therapeutic and comfort properties of the Saddlemen seat which I bought used from a Club Member. It is gel-filled, and has been a life changing experience for her, and we can now travel hundreds of miles with no discomfort at all.
Previously, she got jarred up the spine over the smallest of bumps (although I was fine on the front) and stops at 50 miles or so were the norm.
It looks pretty odd unless you have a sissy bar, as the comfort involves a fairly wide pillion pad, and sort of a whale tail, to clear the mounting screw.
I'd recommend it to anyone.

http://www.saddlemen.com/harleyindex.html

Like the look of these Banquo, however, spotted this on their site::(

All Other International orders:
Due to the substantial losses we have experienced from fraudulent credit cards, the ever increasing paperwork, and myriad other problems, we have been forced to discontinue all overseas orders.
=========================================
I fitted a Mustang on my FLHR and it's ace. -

Thanks for this Steppenwulf, I am tempted to go down the Mustang route but a few more recommendations from users of these or any other comfy seats
would be welcome.

FBB

FXRP seat, may not look very pretty but you will not find anything more comfortable

may be a work of art to fit it to your particular bike though

Not the same bike but still...

Fitted a Corbin Gambler to my Standard last year, unbelievable differance in comfort, lowered centre of gravity by 2 inches and kicked my ass 2 inches further back. Ordered through Krooners.com, great service and saved ?120 on UK price.

No problems with the quality but you will get some griping about Corbin.

Why not have it re-shaped and covered then you can have it done exactly as you want and it'll be cheaper too!
There's a place in Northampton I could reccommend but there may be somewhere nearer to you. Check BSH, there are always a few in there.
I had the solo seat re-done on my Dyna so the front would fit in to the cut-out of the tank and I also had a bumstop made so I don't keep flying off the back of the bike!;) I'm only little you see!!

Lynne :D

smallhog said:
Why not have it re-shaped and covered then you can have it done exactly as you want and it'll be cheaper too!
There's a place in Northampton I could reccommend but there may be somewhere nearer to you. Check BSH, there are always a few in there.
I had the solo seat re-done on my Dyna so the front would fit in to the cut-out of the tank and I also had a bumstop made so I don't keep flying off the back of the bike!;) I'm only little you see!!

Lynne :D

FBB

Last year I took the seat off my FLSTC and sent it to Smaartass seats in Yorkshire I think and they completely remoulded the seats to how I wanted them including putting in gel pads and recovering in leather for 100.00 pounds.
And they did a real good job and sooo comfortable,you don't want to get off,and my missus is dead chuffed :cool:...when travelling long distances

He normally advertises in BSH,I did post it last year on the site after I had the work done

Big_john Spain ;)

Got a mustang on my 88 Superglide,its sooo comfy,but the pillion isn't,i'm pretty sure they make a far more superior pillion these days.

Chill

Thanks for all the input everyone. I,ve got a Mustang Wide Regal coming. I'll let you know how it is when fitted.

75074.jpg

FBB

Back