Dave Myers RIP

Hi everyone, I’m afraid I bear some sad news. Most of you will know Dave has been fighting cancer for the past couple of years. Last night, on 28th February 2024, with Lili, Dave’s wife, his family, close friend David and myself by his side, he passed away peacefully at home. All who knew Dave are devastated at his passing. His beloved wife brought him such happiness as did her children, Iza and Sergiu who Dave loved like his own.
Personally, I am not sure I can put into words on how I feel at the moment. My best friend is on a journey that for now, I can’t follow. I will miss him every day and the bond and friendship we shared over half a lifetime. I wish you god’s speed brother; you are and will remain a beacon in this world. See you on the other side. Love ya.
I know Dave and his family would want me to thank all of you who sent messages of support in recent times. It meant the world to him, his family and all The Hairy Bikers team. I am sending you all much love and gratitude for those simple acts of kindness, generosity and spirit. We are eternally grateful for them.
May I ask you all for one further kindness and allow Lili, his wife, his family, close friends and I some time and some peace to process our huge loss. I am sure I will see you all soon.
Si

Very sad news indeed , we did some work for one of his pals in Barrow and he told us he was a really genuine guy another friend in a Barrow knew him personally and said the same a really nice genuine guy

R.I.P Dave , Hairy biker

Sorry to see one half of the hairy bikers pass on. I have been watching the latest series on I player. Dave Myers didn't look well at all and not surprising considering all the chemotherapy and radiotherapy he was having. Well, he did get back in the saddle with his best mate Si for one last TV series (which I suspect was the motivator to help him going through his cancer treatment).
I liked the way they both entertained us with good honest no nonsense cooking and introduced us to so many cooks and chefs from all over the UK and the US who were passionate about food. The shows always made the most of the beautiful British countryside seen from the saddle of their motorbikes.
RIP Dave Myers.
Tony

We bumped into 3 chefs in France a couple of years ago and they said they often attended chef functions where top celebrity chefs would be in attendance and I asked " who was the best for being good chefs and good craic they said even though Si and Dave were not trained chefs they were so enthusiastic and that they gave it their all, they were their favourites

this is very sad news, never met him but he came across as a thoroughly decent bloke just making a living out of something he enjoyed doing.
used to watch the tv shows and he and si did a great show together on planet rock. we went to see at the city hall them when they did a tour, talking basically about their lives and experiences with a bit cookery in between. it was a great show and hugely entertaining.

R.I.P. Dave.

What can I say that hasn't already been said, a thoroughly nice guy and always enjoyed watching their shows. Good to see he managed to get back in the saddle in the current series. R.I.P. Dave.

Like all of us ,all he wanted to do was ride with his mates and eat unhealthy food whilst entertaining the Nation, a true legend and a bloody nice bloke , Si will have a big hole in his life now and riding Solo hopefully not for to long.

Dave will be much missed ,

open it up Dave on Heavens Highway . RIP John.

Back