Diy

W

WildBill2566

Just greased my steering head bearing today, took an awful lot of grease. No way the dealer greased it at the 1000 mile service. Hard to tell but I estimate somewhere between 100g and 200g of grease was used before I saw signs of it at the bearings.

Same story with the rear axel, dry as a bone and if you wait till you need a new tyre chances are it'll be seized solid. Pull it and copper grease it.

I havent done the front axel yet, but will do over the next few days.

Moral of the story is check/do your own servicing, at least you will know what has been done.

Re: Diy

This is what I suspected.

I don't think that much was done on my 1000 mile service either. I know the air cleaner cover didn't come off and I had to readjust the clutch myself.

It's over ?200 for the 5000m sevice to change the oils and filter basically.

DIY? Yes. Warranty?? Who knows.

Re: Diy

DIY? Yes. Warranty?? Who knows.

Valid, so long as you have serviced the vehicle to the manufacturers specifications and used genuine or equivalent parts of the same or exceeding genuine specifications.

IE Using a non H-D oil or filter is not necessarily grounds for not honoring a warranty claim unless direct blame can be apportioned to those parts use and yes ?they? now have to prove it has.

You can thank the EU for that!

Back