Dyna Superglide mid mount controls.

Steve B

Anyone got a full set of mid mounted foot pegs, brake lever and gear change lever for a 06 Superglide? I've just acquired a superb FXD35 but someone has fitted forward controls and I would like to revert it back to the original mid mounts to cut sown on vibration issues. Cheers...Steve.

Forwards should not suffer from vibration issues as they mount to the frame as do the mid mounts check the front engine mounting if you have vibes given the age it may have “sat down” and may need replacing also do the rose joint test on the top head steady as per the manual simple to do and rearly does help with vibes (y)

Thanks for that. The 'vibe' issue is really only to do with wear on the lever pivot, which I could solve by either bushing or replacing with a new lever. I'm an oldish boy now and here's my thinking.... Over my 50 + years of riding, I've had 3 cars turn right, in front of me. Each time it's happened, I've stood up at the very last second and flown straight over the top. Despite these crashes I've only broken a bone in my thumb. Having just returned to biking on this Superglide, I reckon that if I'm unfortunate enough to encounter another moronic right turner, I'm not going to be able to stand on the pegs, hence I would feel better with mid mounts, which the FXD35 had as standard anyway. With my old bones getting brittle, I need all the help I can get, even if my logic does make me sound a bit weird.

Back