EFI tuner

Mr B

I'm going to buy an EFI tuner, my RK has a stage 1 flash and when my Rinehart Tru Duals arrive, it'll probably run like shit, so need to buy a tuner.
I have looked at them all, and I reckon the Power Commander 111 USB is the best. I'm new to this, so need some advice. Is the SERT better?. I will want to alter the fuel again later on, as I plan big bore and cams next year. Which is better all round PC or SERT for the best results and ease of use.

Thanks Brian.

Brian,

I've been looking into this alot in the past week.

There are , as I see it 4 options for EFI tuners.

Revtech DFO
PC III
SERT
V+H Tuner

I've read a lot on the V Twin Forum, bearing in mind that most of the opinions expressed are American, where big spending on big bikes is the norm and a good deal cheaper than over here.

What you buy is going to depend on what you want to do with the bike in the future.

If you are happy with 1450cc and are just looking at pipes and air mods the DFO will adjust your fuel timings to suit what you've got on, just gets in running sweeter and in most cases leaner. Also its the cheapest 'tuner' at $150 ish.

If your plans are 95" or bigger then the use of the SERT means no reflash of your EMU by the dealer. Instant saving of ?150. The SERT allows the input of pre made and user configured fuel maps to suit the configuration of your motor. Self designing maps is fairly straightforward and any mistakes are easily reset.
The PC III is similar but appears to be more of a pre made fuel map deal. You download what suits and use it, there is little self adjustment without breaking your balls figuring out how it works.

The V+H FuelPak and other product specific devices are similar to the PCIII, pre designed maps to suit dictated engine set ups.

My money will go on a SERT once my warranty expires, I intent to go to 98", go to geared cams and possibly have the head ported, I'm not after speed, mainly just tug and a distinctive 'potato, potato, potato'.

I'm trying to source a SERT at the moment in Orlando, holidays are coming and I'm going shopping.....

Back