Enduristan sandstorm H4/ Bagster mod

semmyroundel

Club Member
I have a Bagster tank cover on both my Super Tenere and my little Harley sportster, and wanted a bag that would clip onto them.
You see, I previously had a regular smallish tank bag on my harley that was attached using magnets alone, and when that tour finished I saw loads of scratches on the tank's paintwork where dust had got underneath .
Determined to stop that happening I secured Bagster black tank covers for both bikes.
Last year I did a trip around Spain and took a Bagster bag on the tank cover which was enormous, not only that, the zip opened at the front and when it was opened, the tank being like a GS tank, sloping downwards, meant that everything slipped out, so the hunt for a better tank bag started.
Enter Enduristan Sandstorm 4H.
It's a little expensive at £142 (sportsbikeshop have the best price on this) but it's the mutts nuts.
It is big enough to put all the main items in, plus an enormous map pocket that's detachable. However it's not Bagster compatible.
So I secured some Bagster clips, some 40mm and 25mm webbing and clothing glue to help secure the joints that I stitched together. The front end uses its own adjustable strap that goes around the headstock to tighten it.
The bag is small enough to fit on the Sportster peanut tank, just. As soon as I can, I'll post pics of the bag in position so you can get an idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: M&M
I've found a neater solution to the front end in that rather than using the straps around the headstock, I measured the hole in the Bagster clips at the top of the tank cover-they were 10mm.
So I bought some 10mm carbon tube from Ebay and cut it down to size. It fits perfectly and is easy to remove, much easier than the headstock strap arrangement.
Photo later today.

Reactions: M&M
Back