Exaust slip ons

Jeb

Hi All,

I've got a new Street Bob (UK Spec), and have been told by a mate that I can have a set of SE slash cut's that he has "lying around". They were on an '88 Lowrider that he had a few years ago. still in good nick aparently.

A) Does anyone know if they will fit ? It's a long trip to find they don't.

b) Will I need to have the ECU re programmed?

Thanks

Re: Exaust slip ons

proberly have to get a stage 1 done and remap as the straight thru pipes might effect the fuel etc

best ask phild or harleyhog who will know more

Should do. But..
You'll need an air filter kit too, and either remap from your dealer or (better) a power commander or similar.

Jeb said:
I've got a new Street Bob (UK Spec),
06? I haven't been in a dealers in a long time. :D
Have the new 06 dyna UK spec ones got the o2 sensor in the headpipe, I don't *think* so?

Last edited:

harleyhog said:
06? I haven't been in a dealers in a long time. :D
Have the new 06 dyna UK spec ones got the o2 sensor in the headpipe, I don't *think* so?

I couldn't tell you, I'm in North Africa, and the Bike's at home waiting for me. :(

I should be home next week :D :D :D , then I can have a look.

Thanks

If there isn't a sensor, then its not a *closed loop* injection system = Good news for you = Tunable.
US dyna's are semi-closed loop, I'm not up to speed with what's needed to tune their 06 dyna's for aftermarket add-ons...Yet.

Looks like I'm right, from my secret squirrel folder stash of stashfull things.

TT221 – November 28, 2005​

2006 HDI Dyna Model O2 Sensor Plugs

The HDI Dyna Models use a plug on the exhaust pipes rather than an O2 sensor that is used
in the Domestic market. If the plug (part # 66054-06) comes loose or has to be replaced you
will want to install a seal ring (part # 27714-06) on the plug when you reinstall it. This plug
should be torqued to 29-44 ft. lbs.

Should `kinda` fit, similar mounting method.
Don`t know if I would want some odd mufflers that have been `laying around` on my brand new bike.

I've just checked the header pipes on my Street Bob (UK March 06) and I have the blanking plug, no sensor in there. I'm going to check out prices for the stage 1 (air cleaner, pipes etc) in Orlando when I'm at the house in August. I've got an account there with HD Orlando and they're very good at ordering parts in advance for me. I generally pay less than 50% of UK prices and always return with a suitcase full of cheap metal!!

With regard the remapping, excuse my ignorance but is this a part that I buy or is it something that a technician does? Sorry, this is my first injector!!

JohnT

There are a multitude of gizmo's.

Simplest is a DFO/TFI (with harness so you don't need to splice any wiring.)
http://www.dobeckperformance.com/ (click the motorcycle link within)

HD have a version of the DFO/TFI called the 'Race Fueler' not many people use them though.

They just add fuel, not raise the rev limit, not that you need to anyway, no ignition mod feature either, but quite up to the job of a stage 1

Or the power commander:
http://www.powercommander.com/

Or HD race tuner, but me thinks thats far beyond you at this point.

Other people will have suggestions, best to go to whatever sites for the various products and READ how they work and what they do, each have different capabilities.

Back