Fat Bob paint code

Jay Wild

Club Member
I have a black denim Fat Bob & I’m struggling to find the paint code for the grey part of paint used on the tank. Anyone able to point me in the right direction.

Thank you IMG_7241.jpeg

If it's a 2022 model Fat Bob, it could be gunship gray paint code EGZ. Check out "Scratches Happen" USA website.

There's a paint code database list in the tech section. You may have to know what the colour was called though?

Surely any official H-D service department would know paint spec? Failing that email Jet City H-D biggest dealer in the USA who pride themselves in customer service - paint spec should not be a mystery!

If it's a 2019 bike it should be Industrial Grey Denim. I've found cans of Industrial grey on Ebay but not the denim version.

I’d be inclined to take the bike to a good quality automotive paints supplier and ask them to mix an exact match of the paint on the bike. They can then fills some good quality aerosols with the paint that matches the paint on the bike. The paint on the bike has almost certainly aged and even if you find the paint code, any paint that is mixed purely to the paint code probably wont be an exact match for the paint on the bike.

Matt paints are commonplace now so any good quality automotive paints supplier should be able to supply something that is a match for whatever HD used.

I’d be inclined to take the bike to a good quality automotive paints supplier and ask them to mix an exact match of the paint on the bike. They can then fills some good quality aerosols with the paint that matches the paint on the bike. The paint on the bike has almost certainly aged and even if you find the paint code, any paint that is mixed purely to the paint code probably wont be an exact match for the paint on the bike.

Matt paints are commonplace now so any good quality automotive paints supplier should be able to supply something that is a match for whatever HD used.
Good call Mark - especially the point about paint fade due to age. Apparently there are Apps that can identify and create a match, any quality auto paint spray / repair outlet should be able to do this presumably?

Keep us all posted Jay.

Back