Fitting extended front Brake line P/N 41800874 on Sportster S

Old Nutty Bolt

Club Member
I've fitted tracker bars with risers to my '22 Sportster S. I've also got the the extended front Brake line P/N 41800874 to fit next. Would appreciate any tips or diagrams if anyone has done the same. Thanks in advannce.
Mark

I've fitted tracker bars with risers to my '22 Sportster S. I've also got the the extended front Brake line P/N 41800874 to fit next. Would appreciate any tips or diagrams if anyone has done the same. Thanks in advannce.
Mark

A copy of the service manual is available from this link here on the forum

You’ll have to click through a couple of layers of folders to find it, but its in there.

The ABS pump will need to cycled after the brake line is fitted, and for most people that will be a trip to a dealership or independent. Also expect a few warning lights and error codes to be on display afterwards.

Thanks Mark, much appreciated. Also, thanks for the heads up on the ABS. I'll trawl through the manuals and read carefully as it sounds like I need to give this a little more thought than normal. Cheers.

This is not from personal experience, I have read on various forums that the ABS bleed procedure can be avoided, on an upper line change by forcing/pushing the fluid up from the caliper into the upper line thus not getting air in the ABS unit, the proviso for success also seems to be not to turn the bike on once the line has been open or until the fluid has successfully reached the master cylinder as there can be a functional ABS self test if you do and cause issues!

However looking at the instruction sheet it looks like that line fixes direct to the ABS unit which may be a problem regards doing this!

H-D instruction Sheet link

This is not from personal experience, I have read on various forums that the ABS bleed procedure can be avoided, on an upper line change by forcing/pushing the fluid up from the caliper into the upper line thus not getting air in the ABS unit, the proviso for success also seems to be not to turn the bike on once the line has been open or until the fluid has successfully reached the master cylinder as there can be a functional ABS self test if you do and cause issues!

However looking at the instruction sheet it looks like that line fixes direct to the ABS unit which may be a problem regards doing this!

H-D instruction Sheet link
Thanks. Appreciate your comments. Well noted regarding not turning the bike on once the line is open, this might help avoid a bunch of issues with error messages later. Cheers, Mark

Back