FLHR Road King 2017.

Gez

Club Member
MIGHT be, repeat MIGHT be looking at the above bike, 14000 miles, £14K. M8 engine (I think)
Whats the consensus on these bikes? Are they One of HD better incarnations?
As an early M8, issues of gearbox oil migration and sumping spring to mind. Got my FXLR just about sorted though. so maybe heart ruling head......
Looking for more space and comfort.
Thoughts very much welcomed.

I've got a Road King Special and after many years riding various Batwings and Sharknose faired bikes I've now got a HD that really makes me grin. Long journeys put a detachable screen on but for other occasions just enjoy that naked front. Most of the M8 issues have been resolved especially the oil issue

Ta Army. The look from the wife when I hinted at it put the kibosh on it immediately!
Probably for the best (I keep telling myself)

My good wife has sat pillion since I passed my test in 1981 and thankfully she has never gave her opinion on anything I've ever bought well there was the height of a sissy bar once but that's been it

My good wife has sat pillion since I passed my test in 1981 and thankfully she has never gave her opinion on anything I've ever bought well there was the height of a sissy bar once but that's been it
My poor Mrs perched on a 4” wide 2” deep pad on a rigid chopper for 15 years. 🫡.

My wife Jan goes everywhere on the bike with me, has done since about 1974. It was her suggestion that we get ourselves a Harley. she knows, like I do , that I've got the right bike............

I have a 1997 RoadKing and as a bike it ticks all the boxes .. superb long distance tourer, and when I just want a Sunday thrash around with my mates, I pull off the screen and its just whats needed.

The Roadking is neither Fatboy nor Glide but can do both with ease. Two birds with one stone 👍

My Evo had an oil flow failure due to a previous owners mechanical incompetence so I replaced the engine with an S&S 107 cui… really punchy powerful engine.

Great bike 100,000 miles covered, loved every millimetre 😂😂😂

I have also owned a 1987 FLH “Roadking”.. in 1991, I used that for dispatch riding.. did everything it said on the box.

Myself plus 2 other friends who owned Ultra Limiteds have all converted to RK Specials and we were all out last night discussing the virtues of our change of direction and yep we are all over the moon with the RKs

Back