Fork oil

B

badger

Dear all, just changed the fork seals on my Nighttrain. Can anybody tell me how much oil to put in? I think it's 300ml but i'm not 100% sure.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Thanks Badger

Re: Fork oil

Hi Badger,

FLSTF, FLSTC = 382cc
FXSTC,FXST,FXSTC = 356cc
FXSTD = 343cc per leg.

got these figures from the 2001 manual, hope it answers your question.

:)

my manual lists WET (assembled) and DRY (disassembled) amounts. I am sure these figures are WET, because wet will be required, but just checking....

Exact year of manufacture would be helpful. ;)

Thanks Robbiemac yes it helps but the bottle has ml on it not cc so how much ml do i put in ????????????

Thanks Baza, you're such a whizz when it comes to all this tech stuff.

Steppenwulf said:
Not been around long have you badger;) :D :D :D

Badger has only 'not been around long' on the website. A oldun with H-D's nice brown muddy Nightrain ...just back from the Dragon Rally....:eek:
Has an old sporty as well. And he is 99% record at our monthly meetings. A good right hand man. :)

BaZa said:
Badger has only 'not been around long' on the website.

No disrespect badger, I just noticed your low number of posts and of course that's all I was refering to. :cool:

Steppenwulf said:
No disrespect badger, I just noticed your low number of posts and of course that's all I was refering to. :cool:
None taken.You are dead right i'v not had many posts, not that long been on the intrenet & to tell the turth i'v got better things to do with my time. Did over 500 miles last week touring Wales. But it's good to know that when i need help i can get it & to give it when i can. :cool:

Badger.

badger said:
not that long been on the intrenet & to tell the turth i'v got better things to do with my time.

Ouch!!! Nice one badger you'll fit in here fine, see you around when you got the time :D

Did over 500 miles last week touring Wales.

Hope you enjoyed the Dragon, mate who went thought the band rocked. Pity it pissed down on the Sunday but then it wouldn't be right for it to be sunny all weekend up here!

Hope to see you out there and best of luck sorting out your forks.

01softailForkoil.JPG

If you need it in real measurments i.e. fluid ounces let me know:cool: :D :D

Job done, thanks for all the info and help, back out on the bike in the morning.

Badger

Back