Forward controls

STS 95

Club Member
I have a 1996 Road King with running boards, is it possible to convert to forward foot controls and if so what manufacturer of forward controls would you recommend.

Last edited:
It is always possible to do a swap like that. So long as you realise it probably won't be a bolt-on job.

There will almost certainly be reshaping, drilling and re-chroming (if applicable) involved.

I would look to pick up used H-D parts off a Dyna Wide Glide or a Softail at your next nearby swap meet or off eBay.
It's best to work from a cheap investment base.

Try to keep the right side stock in terms of brake and master cylinder/reservoir, and see if you can get away with simply adding a highway peg on a custom(ised) bracket. That really makes the job a lot simpler and cheaper.

Relevant experience: I put floorboards on a 1985 FXEF that had mid controls and highway pegs, in order to use a foot clutch.
It wasn't terribly hard. And I got used to using my HEEL on the rear brake pedal.

In my experience not many, if any manufacturers will make for 96 MY RK…Jay Brake used to - so look at US EBay..

I had some custom forwards made by a local engineer - as the controls are kinda forwards all ready ..

Last edited:
Back