Fxr Exhaust

McQ

Hi would I be correct in thinking that a 1984 - 94 FXR exhaust would fit my 1985 Evo FXWG?

But would the headers still fit? I could make up a bracket for the exhausts...

FXR Exhausts OEM Font pipes have a kink to raise the silencer, the FXR rubber mount models have a shorter power train than the FX four speed models which can be seen by the a longer primary chaincase.

These are for FXR 1984- 94 so am guessing that it's the solid mount not rubber mount model.
All FXR models are rubber mount, Shovel Head or EVO, the R in the designation signifies this, early EVO FXR versions use the exact same frame as the earlier Shovel Head.

84 - 85 FX models are probably some of the rarest of all EVO models as they were only produced for two years with a four speed box, thus parts exclusive to them are hard to come by and not so much if at all aftermarket.

I would 'think' that the' Early years' Softail header pipes would be more likely to fit than the FXR as these are solid mount and use the same length primary cases.
Check some of the Catalogue listings for Early Softails such as Drag Specs, CCI, V-twin and some might list they also fit the other FX models for 84 - 85

FXR Exhausts OEM Font pipes have a kink to raise the silencer, the FXR rubber mount models have a shorter power train than the FX four speed models which can be seen by the a longer primary chaincase.
So I just found on the same site they do some to fit FXST 84-99 which also fit FX 84-85 so think I'll go for these. Bargain price too...

Back