Gear shift.

S

Starman

Would anyone know if it is possible to fit a heel and toe gear shift to the Street 750.

Re: Gear shift.

Not really familiar with the Street 750 but having had a look at close up pictures on the internet it looks like a job for a good Fabricator that understands bikes, I'd not say its impossible.

Yes they do them for the XG750 Street Rod, but they aren't cheap at the moment. I see them advertised for around ?680 Euros horrified

or there is one on flea bay for around ?300

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Commands...253639385791?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10
That looks like extended forwards, rather the heel and toe type. The heel and toe fitted to Big Twins uses a longer shifter shaft, so that would present a challenge on a 750. Of course, most challenges can be solved if you throw money at them!

Starman, not familiar with the street 750 but, if the lever is pulled up/pushed down with the foot, then is there room to graft on a rear extension? Mimicking the original movement, there is nearly always a way to make a mod work without spending an arm and a leg, again not familiar but can you drill the original, attach a rearward piece to move about before getting welded/ powder coated, thinking out loud here. Dave

That looks like extended forwards, rather the heel and toe type. The heel and toe fitted to Big Twins uses a longer shifter shaft, so that would present a challenge on a 750. Of course, most challenges can be solved if you throw money at them!

I know I won't be adding one to mine. It pretty comfortable to ride as it is.

Back