Good news about Hopp Rider Training

Urrell

Club Member
[FONT=&quot]I'm hoping there will be even better news later.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot]---------------------------------------------------------[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Better Riding Days - One confirmed for 2015[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
28_04_2006_10_24_36_1024x491.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Greetings[/FONT][FONT=&quot] from Martin Hopp ? hopprider@me.com. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Well, we didn?t completely close down after all! Here?s what happened to HRT since we announced closure in the middle of this year. My lovely son and 2nd in charge, Richard, was certain that he was not going to continue for another year, and for a while we agreed to shut down. After all, we have been running HRT since 2001, which makes it 13 years, and I?m not getting any younger (in fact the older I get, the faster I was). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Richard, is busy with his Tennis and Squash Coaching business down there in the Chichester area (hoppcoaching.co.uk), and on top of this he has a passion for mountain biking, which he shares with his two young children. Very much a family man.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So Rich has sold his bike, all his kit and it?s all over for him. And all done with the best paaassible taste, with no regrets or hard feelings.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I was never giving up biking though, and I got to thinking ?hang on a minute, I love my road-riding and I?ve got a big bike to run. So why not carry on with HRT but in a reduced way?? After all we?ve battled through some horrendous losses since the crash in 2008, and survived.

[FONT=&quot]So what if I just do one BRD Extra per year at Cadwell[/FONT] and at least HRT can keep a profile, and our Associates - Lincolnshire Road Safety Partnership - will also be able to continue, using The HRT Team of Instructors as usual? LRSP and HRT have been working together for many years, with their Performance Plus Days always running the day before our BRDs to provide a Skills Day with some track riding so we can offer a pair of days for those who feel the need.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So, whilst all of the above ramblings may not be of the greatest interest to you all, the upshot is I?ve just uploaded onto hoppridertraining.co.uk the [FONT=&quot]one and only HRT Better Riding Day EXTRA for 2015[/FONT].[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It?s on the website now, the date is [FONT=&quot]Thursday May 21st 2015[/FONT] and it?s ?235. With only 60 participants, the BRD EXTRA gives you 50% more track-time than our previous BRDs.

The format is the same except there are just 2 Main Groups A & B ? but the great thing is that your mini-group Instructor stays with you all day and so has much more time for YOU.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I?m also fixing dates for some Advanced Machine Skills Courses to be published soon.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here?s hoping the BRD EXTRA is received well, and we?ll carry on from there with another one next year and so-on until I can?t get my leg over any more![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Martin Hopp [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]07881878989
hopprider@me.com
hoppridertraining.co.uk[/FONT]

Re: Good news about Hopp Rider Training

That shows how popular the courses run by Martin are.

I'd like to go again, with a bike that runs properly this time :redface:.

Brian.

Nice one nick - go team hdrcgb

And stop bullying the R1 crew, you know they don't like it up 'em

Will they be doing anymore of the days we did this year?

Last edited:

Will they be doing anymore of the days we did this year?

E-Mail from Martin saying they are doing at least one Performance + day this year and 2 Better Riding Training Days
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings everyone, and a Good New Year to y'all.

Here's another few words concerning Cadwell Better Riding Days.
After the last newsletter in November I was shocked and amazed to find that the BRD on May 21st 2015 was sold out within 2 days! Indeed, it was sold out with a dozen reserves! Keeping an eye on the bookings I have to report that there are now 101 bookings for that day which has a maximum number of 60 riders.

Doh! That's 41 Reserves!

At the same time Andy Trevithic of The Lincolnshire Road Safety Partnership rang me to say that his bosses are insisting that he must do at least 2 Performance Plus days - using the HRT Team of Instructors. We always hold the Performance Plus Days on the day before our BRDs (which allows for some cross fertilisation) and it seems logical, to say the least, that we should run another BRDE at the same time.

So... I've spoken to MotorsportVision who own Cadwell, and managed to book 2 Days in September - Tuesday the 8th (Performance Plus) and Wednesday the 9th for our BRDE.

When you get this I will have published the new event on the website. The reserves from May's over subscribed BRDE got first dibs, so there are just 41 spaces remaining as I type. Book on now, as the last day sold out in 48 hours!

If you're definitely booked into May (not a reserve) and haven't paid then please do so now to confirm your place. Any bookings that haven't been paid for will be released so that others can book on.

That's it - we'll have to see how it all works out!

In the meantime, y'all.

Be Skiful
Martin Hopp
hopprider@me.com

Greetings everyone, and a Good New Year to y'all.

Here's another few words concerning Cadwell Better Riding Days.
After the last newsletter in November I was shocked and amazed to find that the BRD on May 21st 2015 was sold out within 2 days! Indeed, it was sold out with a dozen reserves! Keeping an eye on the bookings I have to report that there are now 101 bookings for that day which has a maximum number of 60 riders.

Doh! That's 41 Reserves!

At the same time Andy Trevithic of The Lincolnshire Road Safety Partnership rang me to say that his bosses are insisting that he must do at least 2 Performance Plus days - using the HRT Team of Instructors. We always hold the Performance Plus Days on the day before our BRDs (which allows for some cross fertilisation) and it seems logical, to say the least, that we should run another BRDE at the same time.

So... I've spoken to MotorsportVision who own Cadwell, and managed to book 2 Days in September - Tuesday the 8th (Performance Plus) and Wednesday the 9th for our BRDE.

When you get this I will have published the new event on the website. The reserves from May's over subscribed BRDE got first dibs, so there are just 41 spaces remaining as I type. Book on now, as the last day sold out in 48 hours!

If you're definitely booked into May (not a reserve) and haven't paid then please do so now to confirm your place. Any bookings that haven't been paid for will be released so that others can book on.

That's it - we'll have to see how it all works out!

In the meantime, y'all.

Be Skiful
Martin Hopp
hopprider@me.com

http://www.hoppridertraining.co.uk/

Back