H-D current sale price guide

Ex3t3r

Club Member
Does anyone know of a good realistic valuation guide for H-D? I am thinking of selling
Here is my baby:
Electra Glide FLHS
39,000 Miles
Year: 1991
Condition: Excellent and I mean 'Excellent'

Need a piccy at least
I wasn't intending on posting a picture just wanted a current price guide as I have only seen one of the same model and year in the whole of the UK and he is asking £6k which is not really much of a guide, however if you think it may help I will post one soon

Unfortunately it's only worth what people will pay!..... your looking at anything from 5 to 10 grand..
This is the problem you appraisal is to broad I want to be realistic, neither over price or under price and at the moment I have very little to go on in terms of current UK market value, there are many of my model and year over the great pond but H-D seem to sell much cheaper over there then here as the the supply is obviously much greater

Unfortunately in this current economic climate its a buyers market cash is king all you can do is put your own price on it then take or leave any offers/bids you get set a price you inside yourself will be willing to take and go from there its a tough one for sure look at sportys for example i have seen em on ebay for more than they were new on older plates and given 10k for an evo glide with a warranty prob means the dealer cuddling it for ages there is a blue dyna on ebay thats been on for over 12 months started at 14k now down to £8995 and the dealers stuck with it so it is a toughie right now when 10k starts getting you into the m8 models 🤷🏻‍♂️

Unfortunately it's only worth what people will pay!..... your looking at anything from 5 to 10 grand..
Totally agree - there is no official price guide for older bikes - you are selling a bike more than 30 years old, but not old enough to be exempt from road tax, MoT and ULEZ, so in some ways less desirable to a bike of 40 years or more. The market dictates value based upon what buyers are willing to pay and that's volatile in an economic crisis. Best anyone can do is keep an eye on eBay and also see what classic bike dealers are asking. Personally, if the bike is in great condition and has a service history that can prove care of previous owners, then I think £5-6k is the ball park I would be looking at.

For what it's worth, I bought my Evo Softail Custom new in 1991, cost me £9750, so are these Bikes worth that kind of money?
My Bike has been fully rebuilt, new powder coat on the frame, engine rebuild, new clutch, Blah, Blah, so is basically a new Bike now.
I'm not going to be selling this Bike though!!!

5-6 grand is going to be right.

Despite the low miles and excellence of that motorcycle, there is very little demand for those .... YET.

90 per cent of people shopping for a touring bike will be loving your low price, but they will be choosing a far more modern one: bigger motor for more power, six-speed gearbox, all the frills of modern tourers.

Right now, a 1991 Electra Glide is simply filed under ''32 years old, stuff will go wrong'' in the minds of most.

In another 10yrs or so, they may finally be collectible. Right now only a handful of 5spd Evos are fetching bigger money as sought-after bikes. All the usual suspects: mint FXRs, 88 Springer, 90 Fatboy, 91 Sturgis, 95 Heritage Springer, etc.....and in every case, originality (paint included) is the key to value.

The Shovelhead Tour Glides are rising in price these days, and for 20 years you could hardly give them away.

Last edited:
5-6 grand is going to be right.

Despite the low miles and excellence of that motorcycle, there is very little demand for those .... YET.

90 per cent of people shopping for a touring bike will be loving your low price, but they will be choosing a far more modern one: bigger motor for more power, six-speed gearbox, all the frills of modern tourers.

Right now, a 1991 Electra Glide is simply filed under ''32 years old, stuff will go wrong'' in the minds of most.

In another 10yrs or so, they may finally be collectible. Right now only a handful of 5spd Evos are fetching bigger money as sought-after bikes. All the usual susects: mint FXRs, 88 Springer, 90 Fatboy, 91 Sturgis, 95 Heritage Springer, etc.....and in every case, originality (paint included) is the key to value.

The Shovelhead Tour Glides are rising in price these days, and for 20 years you could hardly give them away.

Best response yet on this thread from kiwidave - very informative and underpins my own thoughts on the matter. The big touring models of a certain age are less desirable, compared to other models for all the valid reasons already stated.

I would agree somewhere between £5-£6k. I sold this one privately last year for just under £6k. It had done a genuine 6,000miles with all mot's and service history to prove. I had spent £2k on servicing and new tyres etc in the last few years and it was very good paint and chrome wise.

sold electra 2.jpg

sold electra.jpg

service reciepts.jpg

electra mots.jpg

What a fab bike and with a genuine 6k on the clock, the beast is barely run-in! A fantastic opportunity to own such a bike at a reasonable price with sound providence, sadly such bikes are becoming harder to find. However, it's always a tad sad to see such a brilliant touring bike with so few miles from previous owners - never designed as a show pony, it's destiny was to be a mile muncher, but that's just my opinion.

Rick it had under 4k miles when I bought it. Guy who had it lived in Spain 9 months of the year and used to pop down the local bar. He trailered it back and forth each year for an mot and oil change. First mot's were done at Onslows, oop north. before I bought it and moved it to Kent. I had Grizzlys change all the oils and filters including the fork oil. replace all the carb seals and rubber pipes. Lyndon told me the date codes on the tyres were 1995 and it was a 96 bike, last of the carbed electras. The tyres looked like new but were as hard as concrete.

If it was me id try to keep it and enjoy it, and it will probably be a future collectible, as its a rare model.

The FLHS is a bit of a Marmite bike... I have 2 mates that love theirs, but it isn't widely as popular as the batwing FLH models, or FLHR that replaced it.

It should be worth about £7k as you describe, to somebody who really wants it........but if you really need to sell it £4.5k is more likely in my opinion.....I know of 2 good Evo Road King's that sold for under £5k recently.

Good luck if you decide to sell.

After giving it some careful and considerate thought I have decided to go 'Egyptian Pharaoh' I will have a 12' deep grave, bike first then me so to get to it they have to get passed me first. Appreciate all of the comments some I agree with and have given me some food for thought especially Panhead Boris others maybe not so much as this is a very subjective topic. I will probably abandon the idea of selling her now because their will always be that lingering doubt that if I do will the new owner look after it as I have done, which was not for monetary purposes but just simple pride and pleasure.

After giving it some careful and considerate thought I have decided to go 'Egyptian Pharaoh' I will have a 12' deep grave, bike first then me so to get to it they have to get passed me first. Appreciate all of the comments some I agree with and have given me some food for thought especially Panhead Boris others maybe not so much as this is a very subjective topic. I will probably abandon the idea of selling her now because their will always be that lingering doubt that if I do will the new owner look after it as I have done, which was not for monetary purposes but just simple pride and pleasure.

Seems a very sensible decision given that you launched this interesting thread by referring to the bike as "your baby" - if you don't need the cash and have the storage space, why get shot of an excellent condition future classic?

Keep it and ride it and above all continue to enjoy owning it.

I wrote my 96 Glide off last August, after a bit of a haggle I got £5k from the insurance co….

did have 120k on the clock though…..

Back