Harley Street Raffle.

Hawgste

Club Member
http://www.harley-davidson-hangout.c...ngs-either-way

Some of you may well have seen & read some of this thread, but I would ask you to also read the committee meeting minutes which can be found at Downloads & Documents/minutes/committee meeting Aug 2015.
Once you have done this I would like you to reply with a yes or no response so that I can this info can be taken to the reps meeting on the 24th Oct.
Thanks.
Steve.

Re: Harley Street Raffle.

Couple of points. With H-D VIP discount the budget is ?5200 so if each member (1580 from Baffs last count) sells 4 tickets each we will clear costs and put ?1,120 into the 70th Anniversary pot. Tickets are planned at ?1 each to make selling to friends, family, work colleagues and any member of the public that much easier. I think most members could sell 4 tickets for ?1 each over a three month period if they tried. Membership is actually down on this time last year by a small amount. The plans in place around press releases to line up with announcing the raffle, publicity at the NEC show, and announcing the winner in March, are the main drivers to increase public awareness and thus membership. The NEC are happy to hold their show printing so we can let them know if we are doing this raffle or not. While we can put 20,000 tickets into circulation, the NEC will put about 3 times as many show guides into circulation alone. Other magazines are also lined up. By selling the tickets to cover the costs of the raffle we are effectively generating free media coverage. The Street 750 is open to newer riders and is well priced so will appeal to younger riders whishing to get onto the Harley ladder. Wonder what impact it will have on 883 Sportster prices over the next few years?? If 883s fall in price because of the Street, we could look to encourage their new owners as well, but thats a way off. Kev might want to organise the Sportster and Street Rally next year.This project is a stand alone event planned to run through the quieter winter months. The idea to draw the winner at the AGM is so that it is all completed before Regions hold local raffles at rallies and camping weekends during next summer. All other suggestions around show case events, stickers, leaflets, bigger patches etc all come with an inherent cost that has not yet been quantified. By holding a raffle, we should cover the cost, make a small profit and generate publicity. This is not a magic bullet for generating lots of new members but I believe is a step in the right direction. In my opinion, any plans to open up camping weekends and rallies to non-HD riders are up to the organisers of the rally and not a committee decision. The committee, as far as I am aware and I'm sure some one will correct me, provide International Rally criteria, Health and Safety criteria to meet insurance requirements and good practice advice for camping and rallies. Finally, the only person I know who has ordered a new Street 750 is an ex H-DRCGB Vice President and Region Rep who plans to rejoin the club as soon as the Dealership provides the registration number. Better set up the new technical section on the Forum then...​

AdamH Committee Member, Region 29 Secretary, www.Region29.org

Back