Hello from (sometimes sunny) Scotland

P

PGammage

After a long time off bikes (last time I rode was 20 years ago) I picked up my 1st Harley last year - a new Street 750. I will admit to being a fair weather rider and given I live in Scotland (UK) my bike doesn't get much mileage (only 500 miles in the first year).

I am new to Harleys and really like my Street and am keen to do some simple modifications although as I am not very mechanically minded these would have to be relatively simple if I am going to DIY. Keen to hear from other Street 750 owners who have done mods themselves

Initial mods I am thinking about include:

Add Center stand
Upgrade the Seat - https://www.harleycustom.co.uk/produ...-500-750-76421
Upgrade the fairing - Memphis Shades Cafe Fairing | 135-356 | J&P Cycles or Memphis Shades Gauntlet Fairing | 210-971 | J&P Cycles

Re: Hello from (sometimes sunny) Scotland

500 miles is far better than no miles and I am betting you will soon do much more. I don't have a Street but did test ride one for the club mag and I also thought the seat could be improved. Centre stands can be a great help, much better than trying to find the right size log in a lay-by!

Hiya PGammage, and welcome to the club. Don't know exactly were in Scotland you are but have a look at the regions 1 & 2 where you will see their monthly meets. If your handy for any of them, you'll be made most welcome. They are very...very informal. I don't think anyone in R2 has the Street, enjoy your bike.

500 miles is far better than no miles and I am betting you will soon do much more. I don't have a Street but did test ride one for the club mag and I also thought the seat could be improved. Centre stands can be a great help, much better than trying to find the right size log in a lay-by!

Thanks Paul. I'll let you know how I get on with any mods

Thanks Donzie, I think I'm region 2.

Back