HELP NEEDED finding a campsite 2023

devon.john

Club Member
i am looking for a campsite on the east of England (Norfolk area )
i have been involved with the running of the SHOVELFEST over the last couple of years .
we are trying to move this event around the country and wanted to make it accessible for most .
its not a big group around the 40-50 riders camping ,
we are really after a pub with a camping site and we need it for early september time
this is for shovel head Harleys and not a open event ,, i hope you understand this

You could have a look at the 'Goat Inn ' at Skeyton John.
I've not been myself but had it recommended to me.
It's a pub with camping and they've had classic rally's on before.

We use thd George and dragon at thurton let me give it a think for others

Matt
Matt Barritt

Thurton George & Dragon 01508 480242 https://g.co/kgs/ChC6w8

From ECHC Linda Page:

Wheatacre White Lion

They have land, do nice food to, Needham Red Lion is worth a look to, we used to have bike shows there, think they still have a bit of land for camping.
White Lion Rd, Beccles NR34 0AT

From Spisey:

Euston Hall​

https://www.eustonhall.co.uk

Welcome to Euston Hall, home to the Dukes of Grafton for over 350 years. Built by Lord Arlington in 1666, this Palladian historic home is set in 10,500 acres of ...

Have you asked the locals on the Shovel page John? Quite a few live in Norfolk.....off the top of my head........Mark D, Alf, Bobby P, Steve, etc.

Hello John
The BSA Club had a small Rally at Reepham Train Museum. The campsite is adjacent to the Railway Museum, when we were there before Covid they opened up the Cafe, but i'm not sure if that's available at all times. We had to walk a short distance to the town of Reepham for evening meal and a pint, then back to site for a beer around a camp fire.
On the Friday evening the Museum holds a bike night, plenty of bikes when we were there, but mainly modern stuff.
Maybe not quite sure its what you want, but its an option. Good luck mate

Back