Help needed

PMK

Reps Liaison Officer
Trying to get my rear wheel out (puncture)

I have 2 questions

What socket comes between 1" 5/8 (too big) and 1" 5/16 (too small)? 1"1/2 just narrowly too big that it slips

Has anyone near me got the appropriate socket I can borrow ?

Help!!!

Thanks

I have ordered for delivery tomorrow

A 6 sided 36mm socket and a equivalent ring spanner too.

Last edited:
Thanks

Yep, unfortunately you need two 36mm.
Here's tip, put some masking tape on your swinging arm both sides by the belt axle/cam adjusters, draw a line across the cam adjusters and tape before you undo the axle and slacken the belt, so when you put it all back you should be able to align the marks and still have the same belt adjustment or at least a good point to start!

Thanks

I have ordered for delivery tomorrow

Just seen this Paul. I have both of them. Same as my Road King. You are welcome to use those if yours don't turn up

Don't know how much you paid PMK, but years ago my open/ring spanner and a socket provided very little change from £30!

Including next day delivery from the huge South American River was £45 for the 2.

Both are Draper so they allude to quality.

I've actually realised why the spindle is metric. It's obviously because imperial bearings are difficult to come by so they're metric ones.

Best tool humans ever invented. . . can't go wrong with one of these.
Oh yes you can. Ask anyone who has got their thumb betwixt job and hammer. Probably best to wait awhile though.

I've also heard a hammer described as the ideal tool for destroying the thing next to the piece you intended to hit.

Back