Help!

C

Coxyhog

:confused: Just fitted an HB-125 primary chain tensioner,while I was in there I adjusted up the clutch as per the book.I put it in gear to loosen the clutch locknut.
Now I can't get neutral & it seems to be stuck in 2nd or 3rd.
The linkage going through the chaincase seems to be free enough.
Any brainwaves would be gratefully received.

Re: Help!

Loosen the clutch locknut, undo the adjustment and see if it'll change gear, find neutral.
Sounds like you tightened the adjustment up incorrect, if that all you touched.

Try this for clutch adjustment:

1. Loosen the clutch cable adjuster and shorten the cable sleeve as much as possible, but don?t mess with the lever. Just leave it alone until the 3rd step.

2. Loosen the lock nut on the clutch pack push rod adjuster.

3. Pull in the clutch lever. It should touch the handle bar grip. If it does not touch the handle bar grip back out the push rod adjuster at the clutch pack while keeping pressure on the clutch lever until it touches the handlebar.

4. When the clutch lever touches the handle bar turn in the push rod adjuster while keeping pressure with your hand on the clutch lever.
When you turn in the adjuster it will start to push the lever off the handle bar.
Back the adjuster out until the lever returns to just touching the handle bar.
Do this a couple of times until you know you are at the point where the lever is just touching the bar.
When you find this point - back the adjuster out 1/2 turn and lock it down.

5. Adjust the clutch cable to 1/8 slack and lock it down.

might be that the gear selector has got jamed some how try taking the top off the gearbox and have a look inside hope this helps. chubb

When a problem occurs, ALWAYS look at the last thing you touched. ;)

HH is so right - it is amazing how an improperly adjusted clutch can have you thinking the worst.... it will be a simple fix.

Ya can't just say sorted, we need to know what it was that went wrong for others to learn. ;)

Let's just say it was finger trouble on my part.
(Finger trouble = stupidity!)

HH, was wondering if the adjustment proceedure you describe above applies to Evo s aswell or is it specific for Twin Cams? :confused:

Back