Heres mine

G

Glenn G

Chuffed to bits with my New Street Glide, only covered 200 miles to date but have enjoyed every one of them. Had heated grips fitted along with taller screen.Rack ,pad etc. Early days but it rides smoothly, throttle response is excellent.Handles like a dream and has mint brakes. Looking forward to plenty of rallies including Irish bike festival this year. Will look at Screaming eagle pipes and air filter later.
Cheers Glenn
IMG_2780.jpg

Re: Heres mine

Fantastic. I know what my tax free lump sum from my pension should be spent on now.

Why SWMBO thinks a new kitchen is more important I'll never know....

Very nice! Lovely colour. I look around trying to find out if anyone is having issues/problems with their new 8. My heart tells me to go out and buy but my head says wait and see. Please keep us updated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will do Vic
The motor is sweet. hope to have many trouble free miles, will let you know how i get on. feel like a guinea pig LOL.
Very nice! Lovely colour. I look around trying to find out if anyone is having issues/problems with their new 8. My heart tells me to go out and buy but my head says wait and see. Please keep us updated.

Fantastic. I know what my tax free lump sum from my pension should be spent on now.Why SWMBO thinks a new kitchen is more important I'll never know....
They simply don't understand - I did the same with mine :)

Chuffed to bits with my New Street Glide, only covered 200 miles to date but have enjoyed every one of them. Had heated grips fitted along with taller screen.Rack ,pad etc. Early days but it rides smoothly, throttle response is excellent.Handles like a dream and has mint brakes. Looking forward to plenty of rallies including Irish bike festival this year. Will look at Screaming eagle pipes and air filter later.
Cheers Glenn
View attachment 28618
How do Glen I'm still waiting on my Road King Special I think the delivery date is the start of June which I aint happy about especially as the likes of Luxemburg have taken delivery anyway your new motor looks very nice, pipes I'm going for S & S 45 the cool thing about the 45s is the baffles are removable for the days you fancy abit of volume

Fantastic. I know what my tax free lump sum from my pension should be spent on now.

Why SWMBO thinks a new kitchen is more important I'll never know....

I think you should explain that "Sainthood" shall be bestowed upon her, (yet another one in our region) if she puts the kitchen on the back-burner - only until the lottery comes up. ����

So today I took I took an M8 Street Glide for a test ride. Excellent engine Lovely suspension, but it felt and don't shoot me for this but very sterile ! The engine was so quiet I hate to think what it was like before they put it out to the feedback group who told them to "reengineer" a bit of vibration back into it. Didn't like the clutch which bit right at the end but got used to it. I have a S2 Ultra 103 at the moment and i'm afraid I would not be jumping for my wallet just yet although I don't rule it out for the future.
In all great bike but.............

The engine was so quiet I hate to think what it was like before they put it out to the feedback group who told them to "reengineer" a bit of vibration back into it.

Personally I think I'd appreciate the engine being a bit quieter as my Heritage Softail 103 engine sounds like a bag of nuts and bolts being shaken compared to previous bikes I've owned. Maybe not quite that bad, but you get the picture. Granted this is my first Harley and I've been told it's perfectly normal, they're all the same. Over the 4 years I've owned it I've done comparisons and spoken to owners of other bikes. The conclusion is engine design.. pushrods, cams, valve gear, chain, etc, etc. It's something you get used to, but does it have to be that way? Many say they like it, its the engine working, its mechanical, it's alive, these are just some of the comments. Each to his own, I'd prefer a bit quieter engine as befits a premium quality brand but without losing the H-D feel.

The lovely exhaust tone is what I prefer to hear. I'm not into the ridiculously overboard overpowering headache inducing baffles removed deafening noise, I prefer a nice mellow typical Harley sound, just loud enough so car drivers know I'm there.

Didn't like the clutch which bit right at the end but got used to it.

I hate that. I prefer the clutch to bite early, preferably in the first third of lever release. When I got mine back from last service, clutch was adjusted like that, first thing I did was adjust it back. Surely the clutch biting position can be adjusted on these new bikes?

and still waiting on My new Road King special, I'm told they are in the warehouse in Belgium but until they have the showroom bike non will be available to the buying public Mmm they have had my Road Glide since Feb and I aint happy

frustrating andy !!!. whats the dealer said re hold up.I am in Leeds HD on tuesday getting first service done ,before we go to Bike fest in Ireland. hope you get good news soon bud.
cheers Glenn

How Do Glen I was told when the Road king Special was announced that the date for the model release would be last week May first week June but they have been on the road in mainland Europe for a few weeks now and you then find out that a fair few of the buying publics bikes are in the warehouse in Belgium and they wont be released until the shops have theirs but in my opinion when your spending over 22k you would think that Harley would be in touch with some sort of sweetner especially since they have had my Road Glide in Feb Grrr

Yeah its bummer mate. Worth waiting for though. hope you're as pleased as i am. just clocked 1150c miles. and the bikes great. only downside is the seat. feels like you've been sat on a scaffolding board. they might swell as stuff felt tacks on just to add more pleasure !!!. Going to Ireland on friday and when I'm back gonna look at a replacement seat. Think its part off some grand scheme to make us part with more brass.
Hope your sorted soon.
All the best
Glenn

Back