Hi from Lao PDR

C

CJ

Hi All
Seasons greetings to all. Im back here in Lao PDR and bikeless for the time being although a purchase of an old used heritage is on the cards. The roads arent all that good here and i cant bear the thought of anything happenin to my beloved dyna if i shipped it out. Waiting for Government approval though as they only allow amax of 400cc into the country. lets ses if i can wangle it. will be the only one with a harley here mind but I spoke to the manager of the now authorised Harley Dealer in Bangkok and were gonna organise some get togethers and rides up to here. Exciting times. Anyway over the last few months i was getting lost in siberia. got the transiberian train from moscow through russia, siberia (no kidding) then into mongolia and china. Found a Harley pub in the Mongolia capital, Ulan Bataar and went to visit the first Dealership in China which opened in Beijing in April of this year. They have sold 20 bikes up to date. Whilst there I,embarrassing to admit it, had a tear in my eye cos it hit home that i wasnt gonna see my bike in a while. the sweet chinese girl in the shop saw my 'sadness' and said 'i miss my family too. I am far from home as my family come from the South' I tried to explain to her that no, I wasnt missing England or my family and that the way to look at it was I was missing my baby, my bike. she really didnt get it so i pointed her to a t-shirt they were selling which had the slogan... 'If I have to explain, you wont understand.' Anyway enjoy all the knees-ups and have a beer or two for me.
Live to Ride
Ride to Live
HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR
CJ

Hi from Lao PDR

Hi All
Seasons greetings to all. Im back here in Lao PDR and bikeless for the time being although a purchase of an old used heritage is on the cards. The roads arent all that good here and i cant bear the thought of anything happenin to my beloved dyna if i shipped it out. Waiting for Government approval though as they only allow amax of 400cc into the country. lets ses if i can wangle it. will be the only one with a harley here mind but I spoke to the manager of the now authorised Harley Dealer in Bangkok and were gonna organise some get togethers and rides up to here. Exciting times. Anyway over the last few months i was getting lost in siberia. got the transiberian train from moscow through russia, siberia (no kidding) then into mongolia and china. Found a Harley pub in the Mongolia capital, Ulan Bataar and went to visit the first Dealership in China which opened in Beijing in April of this year. They have sold 20 bikes up to date. Whilst there I,embarrassing to admit it, had a tear in my eye cos it hit home that i wasnt gonna see my bike in a while. the sweet chinese girl in the shop saw my 'sadness' and said 'i miss my family too. I am far from home as my family come from the South' I tried to explain to her that no, I wasnt missing England or my family and that the way to look at it was I was missing my baby, my bike. she really didnt get it so i pointed her to a t-shirt they were selling which had the slogan... 'If I have to explain, you wont understand.' Anyway enjoy all the knees-ups and have a beer or two for me.
Live to Ride
Ride to Live
HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR
CJ

Re: Hi from Lao PDR

Good to hear from you CJ not that I haven't on the text and email...

When are you back in the UK?

Back