Hot off the press! Stratstones to close!

T

Taximan

Definitely closing on the 21st December bloody shame..........2 Northern dealers staying open???

Last edited:
Re: Hot off the press! Stratstones to close!

well they must have all the dosh then:wink:

The MoCO have always said the location was in the wrong place. MoCo wanted them to open a big new dealership but Pendragon Group were not prepared to build a new one. Lakeside is there now and covers Essex perfectly and the agreement with MoCo is that they will relocate to Stoke on Trent, job offers to staff to relocate and others going to Lakeside.

in my opinion,lakeside harley is too small to accomdate the area that it has inherited with the closing of foundry and now stratstones,they don't hold stock and anything needs to be ordered in making 2 trips instead of one.
it's site is in the middle of lakeside retail park,a shopping centre and as those who went to the open day may recall the trouble most people had getting out of the car park,trying to slot in gaps in the moving traffic with shoppers all with other thing on their minds,and not wanting to lose their space in the queue,i for one wont be poppin along for a free coffee and donut.

dont know why stratsones closing but i'll try and find out from the boys tomorrow when we take our grandaughter round to see father christmas,that should be fun for evey one.:frown:

cant see many relocating to stoke on trent and are there jobs at lakeside??

dont know why stratsones closing but i'll try and find out from the boys tomorrow when we take our grandaughter round to see father christmas,that should be fun for evey one.:frown:

cant see many relocating to stoke on trent and are there jobs at lakeside??

From the PD this morning:

The MoCO have always said the location was in the wrong place. MoCo wanted them to open a big new dealership but the Pendragon Group were not prepared to build a new one. They have an agreement with MoCo that is that they will relocate to Stoke on Trent, job offers to staff to relocate and others going to Lakeside.

Copy of email sent to me via third party:

Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 11:54 AM
Subject: Stratstone HD

Hi All.

I've just been told by Martin that Stratstone HD will be closing at the end of the year. So as from January 1 we have no sponsoring dealership.

Marj is aware of the situation [now there's a suprise!] both Vincent and her are having another meeting at Lakeside in December so again we wait and see what transpires.

Concerning this Saturday's Father Xmas event, I've said to Martin that as it was arranged by Mick and Joe, it's down to them as to whether it goes ahead, we shall still help out where we can.

Some of the staff at Lakeside have gone already , so there may be a chance that some of the Stratstone people may end up there.

While this isn't confidential information, it is not generally known by the general membership, so I suppose I shall have to wait for the innevitable citicisms that is going to be directed my way.

Let me have your thoughts re: Staurday

P

Thats really sad news, ive only been going in there for a few months and everyone is so friendly and helpful, and that sort of thing made parting with my money for an Iron that little bit easier...:frown:

Jeez....however much we may moan about dealerships, I'd rather they were there than not there...:mad:

Although can't say it was totally unexpected.

Jeez....however much we may moan about dealerships, I'd rather they were there than not there...:mad:

Although can't say it was totally unexpected.

Agreed. Harley first set up a chain of dealers in 1974 and every now and then it seems they have a clear out. This is not the first time we have lost what seem to be decent dealers in less than satisfactory circumstances.

Jeez- i went to lakeside when it opened but was pretty dissapointed as it is so small! just doesn't cut it for me :frown:

Looks like ill keep using Black Bear then ( nicer ride too) :D

Back