iOS 8 (iPad)

T

trickytree

Anyone else having problems with iOS 8 on there ipad? Since installing it Safari has been incredibly clunky, forever dropping connection, screen freezing, back swipe not working and all sorts of other shite.
Done a reset but it's not helped much.
Everything else seems fine, it's just Web browsing that's a pain

Re: iOS 8 (iPad)

There have been reports of this on the net. My iPad air works fine, haven't noticed anything wrong. Have you installed the 8.2 update? Have a look on Pistonheads.com forum, computers and tech, there is an IOS8 thread running there

It's on the latest update.....8.0.2.

Been on the Pistonheads forum, seems like some folk are experiencing similar problems yet others are not.

S'pose I'll just have to hope 8.0.3 sorts it.

I updated my iPad and lost some of the pictures on the home screen short cuts and I now have to keep putting in my login and password.

Well, this is a pile of poo, was hoping ios 8.1 would cure things but it's exactly the same....screen freeze, wifi constantly dropping out, pictures relocated to random folders and a host of other shite....web surfing and posting on forums is frustrating to put it mildly.
Going to have to take it to the local witch doctor and have ios7 reinstalled. If that doesn't work I'll just use it as a chopping board.

not having any issues with ours.
I did have to play with the wifi so it kept to the 5ghz and not the 2.4 and it seems fine

Mines a iPad 2.....apparently some folk are having problems and some not.

Cleared history and cache numerous times to no avail.

This morning before going to work I backed it up and cleared all data so well sees what it's like when I get home.

I was getting low storage warnings on my iPad air so I did a full restore and suddenly had 9.2 GB available with everything back in place, that was last night, it has already reduced by 400 MB, I have stopped the apps from refreshing in the background to see if that helps but it looks like there may be a hardware issue. It seems that the flash storage is used to supplement the static RAM and on some iPads this part of the flash memory is not cleared on an ongoing basis so fills up over time when being used as RAM supplement, the only fix is to speak to a Apple and get a return and replacement number.

Well, a full reset didn't help, still the same problems....plus up its learnt a new trick....the screen randomly flips through 90 degrees but the bottom third I'd missing. Occasionally the top 'toolbar' only will flip. I've got an iPad that does tricks.

Eagerly awaiting iOS 8.1.1 which is supposedly aimed at fixing ipad 2 and iphone 4s problems. It's like the good old windoze times.

Back