Key West Fat

Skip

I got yelled at last night. Hard.
It was a very short flirt down the e-bay aisle to the blacktop altar. Maybe old Brigham Young was on to something. Renting a pick'emup truck to get the girl home from Key West.
My I introduce #3.
A 74 74.

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (13).jpg

s-l1600 (14).jpg

the seat will be replaced with a pogo stick first thing.

Plan? Oh.
Changing seat to pogo solo, longer shox (a little too much low-rider there), hbars to buckhorns (to get it in the front door). 2-into-one exhaust, a kicker and a stock oil bag/ batt cage. Otherwise leaving well enough alone.
Wouldn't have bought it at all, but was a super deal at £5K. The other 76 watchers were, regrettably, slow.
What really clinched it was the frame hasn't been molested at all..... all tabs intact.
What looks black is deep cobalt blue.
I can blame this site for convincing me that solid wells were, after all, good looking. And the bike nailed it.

ed. there is that element, which seems to be a mixture of avarice and appreciation, that a full resto is just a sheet-metal swap and a front-end away. Plus paint. Hmm..... would leave me with one semi-historical bike, one highly personalized one, and a 'stocker'.
Don't fancy more than those.

Last edited:
update:
After a lot (10 days) of the 'chasing-my-tail runarounds and no small amount of anxiety, I finally found a way to gitt'er home. Left the house yesterday morn (Ybor City) at a quarter to 5 a.m. Drove to Key West, loaded bike, back home at 6:45 p.m. Just shy of a thousand miles. One hour for gas & relief stops, one hour to load bike and chat. We broke 90 getting home on the 'right' streches of I-75N.

Just copied your post to the State Troopers website, thought it might cheer them up....give 'em my regards when they get in touch.

Back