Kick starter Kit for an 05 Twincam

PeteG

An open question to anyone..........................
Does anyone know or have knowledge of a decent kick starter kit for a Twincam

Cheers

I have an old school mentality that wants to do keep things simple.
Just spent a shed load of time fixing starter issues, and that means taking the oil tank out, so having grown up with kickers I now want to afix one to the twink and get shot of even more stuff that can go wrong.
As well as it would look cool...........

If you could find a kit I think the ignition would need attention. Most/all electronic systems let the engine turn over at least once before firing to counter kick back. With a pedal it's got to fire first time, the old Crane systems could be switched between kick and electric. I don't know if the fuel injection would cope, a bit of suck it and see perhaps. Does the clutch need to be held in at start up and the side stand be up? Most bikes with kickers need a bit of priming before a cold start, is that possible with a injection system?

Just had a wander round google, W&W do a kit by Cannonball for Evo's and Twin Cams but they do suggest an accessory ignition system.

Good luck.

Cheers Ron for the input
My 05 Springer classic has a super E carb and Altman ignition.
All the ecm and fuel injection stuff is removed plus it has manual decompression fitted for starting.
I'll look in to your suggestion and see if anything is suitable

I applaud your desire to find/fit one and though I had, like Ron, remembered it was problematic I wish you well. Many on here would like to hear if you succeed.

Zodiac do a Max-Pro kit for 05 Softails for about 600 quid.
Seems a simple fit, purely mechanical internals to the clutch actuation cover.
However I've not seen any reviews or gotcha's, so it's an expensive experiment if it all goes tits up

The only one I've seen so far had a Morris Magneto fitted as well.
It was (I think) at Stafford show, on a trade stand so I never saw it running but I had a word with the bloke and he assured me it was a sound set up.

Back