Kuryakin Speedo Trim Ring/Visor

B

blackdragon

Hi there!
I bought a Kuryakin speedometor trim ring a while ago off e-Bay. Being stuck at home on call all weekend during some lovely riding weather (a rarity here in S. Wales.... bl**dy typical!! :mad: ), I decided to go to the sanctuary of the garage to fit it to my '05 Road King.

OK, so I get to the stage where I open the little tube of glue to stick it on, only to find that the little plastic thingy inside the cap won't puncture the seal. No problem thinks I, use a small screwdriver (glad they let me use sharp objects again!!). After a short battle the seal lost, but instead of being rewarded with hands covered in glue (usual outcome), s*d all came out!! The glue had decided to set without the company of the trim ring or me!

So, getting to the point (at last!), do any of you good people know what the hell they use to stick these things on? I'm guessing that its some sort of sealant type stuff rather than a full-blown adhesive (eg Araldite) to make it relatively easy to remove without causing damage or leaving nasty little marks etc. Is there something that is widely available from the local B&Q, or is it something I can get from the Dealer on my next visit. any help/advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Blackdragon.

Re: Kuryakin Speedo Trim Ring/Visor

Silicone glue. Use some alcohol (not the drinking kind) to make sure both surfaces are clean & dry first.

Re: Kuryakin Speedo Trim Ring/Visor

Thanks Phil, very much appreciated!!!!!
Blackdragon.

Back