LED spot lights on a 6volt

devon.john

Club Member
i have been running 12volt LED spotlights on my MT350 then moved the to the royal enfield ,

so i took one off the enfield and wired it to the 6volt panhead and the spot works the same as it would on 12volt ,

so i am now going to wire it to the high beam ,,,,to improve the pans lights

any thoughts ???

john

Re: LED spot lights on a 6volt

Leds run on 1.5-2v so it depends what circuit the use to drop to this voltage. A circuit with a propper regulator on it may have a wide voltage range.

That's very interesting John. The lights on my VL are useless and I've wondered about trying LEDs in them - it's got two 4" lights if you remember. Since I converted my dynamo to 2 brush the charging side has been no end better, so I reckon an experiment with LED lights is worth a shot. Thanks for that

That's very interesting John. The lights on my VL are useless and I've wondered about trying LEDs in them - it's got two 4" lights if you remember. Since I converted my dynamo to 2 brush the charging side has been no end better, so I reckon an experiment with LED lights is worth a shot. Thanks for that

i was going to convert too two brush in the winter ,,, i replaced the headlight and rear light with 6volt LED and now fitted the 12volt spotlight (running on 6volt )

im am going to ride up to the international with the pan if your there we can talk ,

as you know i do big miles in the night and this 3-brush system has had me a little worried ,,, i have bought a spair 6volt battery that i will carry just in case ,

john

I always convert to 12v with good quality reg. i know a lot of people complain about the cost but to me it makes sense. Nice tip on LED I'll never run one but it's always nice to know ����

Back