Llangollen International Rally 9 - 12 June 2022

Rick

Affiliates Clerk
For those R12 members and anyone else from other Regions that would like to join a group ride to the national clubs annual show case event known as the International - you have such an opportunity. Final route will be determined by the weather, if blessed with good weather (as we all hope) then a leisurely ride up through glorious Wales from the Severn Bridge onwards is on the cards, if weather is poor the most direct route will be chosen.
So, for those interested the ride on THURSDAY 9th will start at the M5 J27 Tiverton Services, park up opposite the Costa outlet. Please be fuelled and ready to roll at 09.30am, unfortunately we can't hang around for anyone late, so give yourself sufficient time to get to RV. Then at 10.00am we will briefly pull off at Sedgmoor Services to pick up a few more of our members that live across the Somerset border.

Last edited:
Hello, quick update, there is a preference from some to leave slightly earlier if we go the leisurely route, even if weather is poor. I am flexible, happy to accommodate. Thus, we leave at 09.30hrs from M5 J27 and not 10.30hrs as posted earlier today, which I've also now amended the post above to avoid confusion.

Rick, are you going up through Hereford?
Hi El Hombre, the route has yet to be finalised, a few of us are in discussion on route and lunch stop etc. I've already made the mistake of posting a start time that was quickly questioned and happily ammended, so until route is agreed among the group, I will temporarily hold off confirming route. But watch this space.

from NEWPORT A447
ABERGAVENNEY A40
CRICKHOWELL pick up the A479
TALGARTH to
BUILTH WELLS then pick up the A483
NEWTOWN
WELSHPOOL
OSWESTRY
A5 TO LLANGOLLEN

Last edited:
Same as my route I intend doing John.. leaving Sedgmoor services at 10am
So route now sorted and for those wishing to travel as a larger group from the South West, there are 2 meeting points being advertised on this forum. Obviously some may wish to travel in smaller groups, or even alone - abundance of choice, safe journey and see you all at the International rally.
Ready to roll from M5 J27 Tiverton Services for 09.30am this Thursday, then one final pick up at Sedgmoor Services for around 10am.

Back