loctite

Gadget

Club Member
Anyone know the correct loctite for the primary drain plug, and where can I get it from ?
The manual states 565 pipe sealant. Searched the web and can`t seem to find it anywhere. Thanx in advance.:confused: :confused:

Re: loctite

No loctite, it should seal itself up, depends on year, most are tapered.
Don't tighten it too much.

tester said:
Anyone know the correct loctite for the primary drain plug, and where can I get it from ?
The manual states 565 pipe sealant. Searched the web and can`t seem to find it anywhere. Thanx in advance.:confused: :confused:

i use loctite blue on all bolt on bits except oil drain plugs,once dry is solid as rock and wont vibrate loose,is heat resistant too what chemical works use for there acid pipes etc

I never use anything, never had even a snifter of a leak.

PTFE Tape

is also what I use just to be on the safe side as HH says don't tighten too tight.

from any plumbers merchants.

Ian, use the PTFE tape as Baza suggests, i`ve been using it for years on me plugs. Thing to remember is don`t overtighten them.
Glad to see you`ve joined the club, not the same as the other "club" you and i were in! :rolleyes:

Thanx for the advice. PTFE tape it is then. I thought I had better check with people that know more about it than me . ( save some money as well ). I couldn`t NOT join the club Steve, this site is worth every penny..and hope to see you in August:) :)

Back