Lost proximity key fob

Try the detail in the message I’ve sent. Many Harley dealers use this as they set up and supply the new machines.very few customers change it !
Setting up a new bike and entering a PIN is all done with the fob present on the bike. Without the fob you cannot read or edit the existing PIN.

I have a newer bike and when the fob isn't present when I turn on the ignition nothing happens and then after a few seconds the speedo displays a message to enter the PIN.

Works perfectly but I know the code, the OP doesn't know his. A bit of a schoolboy error in not finding out what it was.

I set off on a 160 mile ride last week and was just leaving town when I realised I'd left the fob behind. It must have been near when I started the bike. I turned round and went back for it, very thankful that something had prompted me to remember!

Not on a 2001 deuce the key cannot be removed while on as that is the main power source
Ok, here's the thing, the ignition lock on your 2010 Heritage Softail is the same part number as your 2001 Deuce, & also my 2000 Deuce. If your Deuce had the original part fitted then the barrel key should have been able to be removed in the unlocked position - unless it was faulty of course.

I suppose it possibly was replaced on the deuce and if I can find the lock that it was I will replace with that one on my 2010 heritage as I am going to have to get a new one or key anyway if the V5 ever comes back from Swansea

I wouldn't worry trying to find out. This experience will be lodged in your mind, & you won't ride off with the key still in the lock again. It's actually a good design as it minimizes wear on the ignition switch (plus it looks tidier & there's no cosmetic damage from a bunch of keys swinging about). I have previously owned a Kawasaki Z1000ST that had an ignition switch & key that were so worn that the key came out while riding & I lost the whole bunch.
Here's a habit to get into. I always use the steering lock too, & always unlock the ignition lock before the steering lock. That way you'll never leave the key in the ignition :)

Back