M2 vibes through the bars

G

Gas Axe

I have fitted 3/4lb stainless handlebar end weights (40mm long x40mm dia )to try and reduce the low rev vibes I experienced on my M2.They have reduced vibes right down to 2000 rpm,previouse to this my M2 vibed through the bars below 3000rpm.I found that my M2 actually pulled better ,without snatching down to 2000rpm ,than my sportster did,but the M2 vibes were uncomfortable below 3000rpm.
Thats without rubber mounted bars,I will try to engineer a mounting system next.
Cheers
Lee

Re: M2 vibes through the bars

Lee .. You got one then! A trick from years ago to reduce vibration on my Triumphs was to pump the bars full of silicone ..

Hey Max
Havn't seen you since langholm,Yep,got the Buell,more my style than the sporty.Did you get the big touring electraglide thingy,joe's gone and sold his,pity,I can appreciate both Buell and Glide,sporty has the worst of both,I could have gone either way ( steady )but I will wait a few years yet for the glide.
cheers
Lee:)

I picked up a 2001 Heritage, as new condition .. Put 3000 miles on it doing a few more MAG rallies with the wife. It's a 103 inch done by a dealer, I've got the cam chest opened up now ready for new cams, Mikuni 45, new exhaust & head work. In Alaska at the moment shivering for another week, due home on the 9th so I should make it to the pub sometime ... Max

Back