Made In China

Tones

Now that most goods are made or partly made in China, you would think that they would have got their act together for there own infrastructure, even if they send us crap!

Two Chinese officials have been jailed for allowing a blind man to build a bridge which collapsed during construction.
The contractor altered blueprints without getting them checked by a professional, causing the crossing to fall apart, injuring 12 people, reports Xinhua news agency.
Head of the local authority Huang Wenge and colleague Xia Jianzhong have been sentenced to 18 months and one year respectively for not stopping the project.
The court ruling, said: "Huang Wenge and Xia Jianzhong, who were in charge of road management and supervision, did not ask the contractors to provide certificates guaranteeing their proficiency.
"When they knew the bridge was being built by a blind contractor, they did not stop it.
"After the blind contractor changed the blueprint, he carried out the work only using a roughly drawn draft of the plan, which caused the bridge to collapse.":frown:

Re: Made In China

In MCN today there was a road test on some Far Eastern bikes.
One of the partners at Flitwick motorcycles said,- and I quot "We won't touch Chinese bikes at our shop, not even to repair" and "There's nospares back up". --scary ,- scary.

In the same MCN write up there were some very good reports on some Taiwanese and Korean scooters/bikes.

I've seen some non O.E. H-D parts produced in Korea, I thought the quality of them was very ,very poor, but if the Chinese finish is worse, Kymco and Kinroad are definitely not for me (even at ?999 for a 125, for the latter).

Re: Made In China

Sounds like the reports i was reading about Jap bikes in the early 70's, don't worry they'll never catch on.... not.:wink:

Back