misfireing xb12x

D

drunkenmonky

on behalf off me butler any information regarding his poorly buell
arfter approx 1 mile from cold it starts to misfire.the engine sticks @ approx 20000revs on closurs off throttle. after warm up cruising it will occassionally miss a beat
it has been on the dealer computer and all faults rectified.
have dune all obvious & not so obviouse but are still annoyingly stumpped
HELP!!!:mad:

Re: misfireing xb12x

Underneath the petrol tank cover is an earth strap, where the top engine stabiliser is fitted. Make sure it has not corroded where it is bolted. Probably pay to check the other earth straps as well. Had a similar thing on the wifes XBR9, the engine was firing as if the rotor arm had come adrift. I know they do not have a rotor arm but that is the best description I can think of.

arfter approx 1 mile from cold it starts to misfire.the engine sticks @ approx 20000revs on closurs off throttle. HELP!!!:mad:

I would take my valuble bits off the seat as at 20000 revs it wont last long :439:

Sounds like a weak mixture or a faulty CPS (Crank Position Sensor) :wink:

I think the earths may be at fault as mentioned by Trevor:wink:
Costs nothing to clean them up before spending elsewhere:smile:

now thanx four your advice
but an angree butler has just been onto me:mad:
he cleaned all the earth points now it runs shite from cold now & the fault light comes on??
i can c a part exchange on the cards here ive herd him mumbled BMW a few times now:frown:

As Nutah said check out the UKBEG website post the problem on the forum - some real top peeps on there im sure will be able to sort the fault:wink:

Oi Chris
Check/clean all the earthing straps also the mating sufaces were the rear subrails bolt to the main frame- check the battery is fully charged- also the alternator conn plug behind the gearbox pully cover as these can burn out if dirty- get to some one with ECMSpy (UKBEG) to check/zero the tps and any fault codes present,
good luck mate

hello had the same fault with my xb12s on the injector body there is a stabbin on the right hand side it shud have a blank on its fore a greener save the planet thing thay fit in the states not fitted over in the uk have known to blow off when you get dealers doing tps reset that are usless no names if it is missing the bike runs very lean thanks mark

Try Plugs if using splitfires take them out and put in bin, my bike looks like a pair of flamethrowers when using them an absolut nightmare bill grady from the old trading post stopped selling them for that verey reason

Back