Mot

W

Walenut

How have people been getting on with the new MOT?s and open pipes, I had a right pain in my area when I had my sports bikes, having to remove the open pipes and reinstall the originals, a nightmare on a Ducati.

I didn?t have a set of standard silencers when I brought my bike a 97 Fatboy, so any suggestions? Pick up a set of standard silencers, which seem to be a bit thin on the ground, or are there any Harley sympathetic MOT?ers in the Black Country area of the midlands?

One other question, are all the silencers a standard fit across the Evo Softail range, does anyone have the part numbers for the 97 Fatboy standard silencers?

Cheers

Re: Mot

Walenut send a PM (personal message) to Chiefy in the Wyvern/BlackCountry. Click on here >>> Chiefy

Will they ever make exhausts with removable baffles for Harleys? Like they do for sportbikes?

SalTheWop said:
Will they ever make exhausts with removable baffles for Harleys? Like they do for sportbikes?

vance and hines allready do;)

oh right? but do they become legal when the baffles are in? Ive heard that even with them in theyre still loud

Sorry Walenut got another year to wait before I find out.

When I got my Deuce a few months back from the St Leger I asked for the standard pipes as part of the deal, I would suggest anyone buying a bike with open pipes to do the same.

Mr Fixit said:
Sorry Walenut got another year to wait before I find out.

When I got my Deuce a few months back from the St Leger I asked for the standard pipes as part of the deal, I would suggest anyone buying a bike with open pipes to do the same.

Well they are YOURS they would only sell them off at a swop meet sale. I have known a past dealer charge for putting the standard pipes back on for the mot that they took to another mot station.
But they never did 'cause the station passed them with the loud pipes on. What a con Yes Sir that will be another ?50.00 + your MOT cost...:mad:

BaZa ? said:
Well they are YOURS they would only sell them off at a swop meet sale. I have known a past dealer charge for putting the standard pipes back on for the mot that they took to another mot station.
But they never did 'cause the station passed them with the loud pipes on. What a con Yes Sir that will be another ?50.00 + your MOT cost...:mad:
I can believe that but the bike will only be going back to the dealers until the warranty runs out and I'll get the MOT test done locally when it is time.

There's another can of worms.:D Your NEW H-D can go to a vat registered independent for service and it does not invalidate your warranty. H-D will say it does but that is a USA thingy. The EEC passed a rule that all cars/bikes etc do not have to be tied to the dealers.

See here: the cat amongst the pigeons? (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 ... Last Page)
S.T.Chapman

BaZa ? said:
Walenut send a PM (personal message) to Chiefy in the Wyvern/BlackCountry. Click on here >>> Chiefy

Cheers BaZa, Chiefy & Dan have already PM'd me, yet again thanks for your help, about time I became a paid up member, you know what its like replace your bike then skint for the next 3 months:(

BaZa ? said:
There's another can of worms.:D Your NEW H-D can go to a vat registered independent for service and it does not invalidate your warranty. H-D will say it does but that is a USA thingy. The EEC passed a rule that all cars/bikes etc do not have to be tied to the dealers.

See here: the cat amongst the pigeons? (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 ... Last Page)
S.T.Chapman
Not sure where this comes from. Going to an indy does not invalidate the warranty in the U.S. :cool:

BaZa ? said:

Move to France or ride a french reg bike :eek: ....no M.O.T. in France for bikes :cool: :D :D

Big_john Spain ;)

Back