'My Parents were bikers' 1950's America.

Good find, thanks Degsy. At 19-23 and 22-23 they are trials/off-roading two up, first in the mud and second down the river with the pillion apparently determined not to get off, respect.
Hard to see what the bikes are but a guy in a black jacket and white helmet on a bike with a red tank does look like a Sportster. 22-15 and 21-54.

I am away for some days and have only limited access to an old tempramental laptop so am looking forward to watching this properly once back, I am sure I also will enjoy it.

Good find, thanks Degsy. At 19-23 and 22-23 they are trials/off-roading two up, first in the mud and second down the river with the pillion apparently determined not to get off, respect.
Hard to see what the bikes are but a guy in a black jacket and white helmet on a bike with a red tank does look like a Sportster. 22-15 and 21-54.
I'd like to know what that transverse V twin was at 30.00 mins. Looks like a sidevalve with shaft drive, but some accessories that would have come off a Harley. Real road warrior.

Yes it's an 841

DSC_1419.jpg

Thank you Gents. I knew I'd seen a image somewhere, just didn't connect it to Indian.

Most of the men in this collection, at least, would have been members of the Greatest Generation. A bit of a different outlook to the current collection of late twenties/ early thirties Americans we see all to often nowadays 😉

Loved the shed full of what in those days was junk and nowadays would be priceless relics!

Thanks Degsy, finally got to watch it, somehow it seemed to take longer than the 34 mins it was!? Some of the cars were pretty cool as well and the views. Hippy is so right when he says we've had the best years.

Back