New Bike

Re: New Bike

fresh bottle of plus gas (ran out yesterday) will be with me tomorrow so will soak it every other day for the next week or so to see if I can get it freed up.

A mate had his Guzzi V50 bores redone a few years back, and IIRC, it wasn't very successful. Not sure if it was Chrome plating or Nikasil, and how much care was taken to match the new bore size to the pistons...
And of course that was a 4-stroke, with no ports to worry about.

Neil, I have the parts book and manual to cover that machine ready to scan any pages you'd like. I remember Road King Alan (New Forest) got one up and running from bits some years back (seen in the club video briefly), he might have some useful recollections?

Jake - remember Rustola? that worked so "they" must have banned it now.

(past Z90 and SX175 owner, me..)

Neil, I have the parts book and manual to cover that machine ready to scan any pages you'd like. I remember Road King Alan (New Forest) got one up and running from bits some years back (seen in the club video briefly), he might have some useful recollections?

(past Z90 and SX175 owner, me..)

Thanks Paul, i have an original Manual (came with the bike) and Dave (Limey) has already sent me a parts book PDF so i think im all good for now.

Probably because it sounded too much like Cola... :D

New one on me; Plus Gas and Releasol were the ones, and although Plus Gas is still around, it's probably nothing like what it used to be (like Gunk, which is clear instead of brown, and doesn't work half as well as the old stuff).

Hi Neil.

There is a cylionder head and barrel on flea bay for sale, 2 days 2 hours to go, can't see the item number... sorry. ?75 at present.

Don't know if its any use.....

Hi Neil.

There is a cylionder head and barrel on flea bay for sale, 2 days 2 hours to go, can't see the item number... sorry. ?75 at present.

Don't know if its any use.....

Hi Noddy, yes i found it last night, im watching it:D but keeping my fingers crossed that mine will work its way free after a bit of a soak

stripped back and ready for blasting and powdercoat. only three snapped bolts, all easy ones so well please with that at least!

day2b.jpg

Don't forget the head races.:wink:

And make sure they mask all the oil tank openings properly,some cheap coaters are crap.The one that did Spicey's wheels,coated the disc faces on the hub.:frown:

Last edited:

Don't forget the head races.:wink:

And make sure they mask all the oil tank openings properly,some cheap coaters are crap.The one that did Spicey's wheels,coated the disc faces on the hub.:frown:

Thats tonights job, get the races out and the swingarm bearings then mask all the holes or fill with bolts etc. The powder coater I use for big bits like this is a local friend of a friend who is a industrial coater so I always mask everything up for him to ensure its done properly!

Back