New GP app

michael_dinwiddy

Club Member
My repeat prescription pod will close at the end of the month..
So I have uploaded the new GP app which allows me do a number of things without visiting or calling my local surgery. Always a tedious undertaking.

In addition I can purchase a couple of testing kits if I feel the need.

A very helpful improvement for me.

However I think some will struggle, especially if they don’t hame a modern mobile or tablet but that’s inevitable with change I guess.. and it may be far more cost effective for the practice.

IMG_7715.jpeg

IMG_7714.png

We are slowly but surely winding down the NHS. It won't be long before it is gone for good. There are many Private Healthcare providers in the USA watching with eager eyes on this Country's Health Service. :mad:

We are slowly but surely winding down the NHS. It won't be long before it is gone for good. There are many Private Healthcare providers in the USA watching with eager eyes on this Country's Health Service. :mad:
Thats because we can’t afford it as it is currently growing I guess. There are other reasons too I'm sure.

There are many models around the World that provide poor to excellent healthcare which includes partial private support. Another point is that in the stares the pharmacy will sell you a much wider range of services and medical products, France too the pharmacy is the first step not the Doctor.

I will never forget a piece on TV about 15 years ago. It was comparing the US Health Care System with the UK’s.
They interviewed an elderly Lady who lived in a Trailer Park and she said her neighbour was always up before her but this particular morning his curtains were still closed and the newspaper was still outside. She went to investigate and found the old man on the floor. She called 911 straight away and he was taken to the Hospital. The Lady and her friend got together some of his things and drove to the Hospital. As they entered the Hospital grounds they saw the old man sitting under a tree so went and asked what was going on. He said because he didn’t have Healthcare Insurance they refused to treat him and put him outside! The Lady went into reception and asked what they had done and it was confirmed that they would not treat him due to no Insurance. They said they had called an Ambulance from the Public Hospital but didn’t know how long it would be!
I cannot remember if the man recovered but I thanked God for our NHS. 😳😳😳

Back