New pegs a'go'go

T

Tezza

How do Streeter's,
Changed the standard rubber pegs over to a set of Edge Cut ones. Had to order another shifter peg. Still can't find the original. It's a bleeding mystery where it disappeared to. Anyway. What a subtle difference the pegs make to the bike. Gear changes seem to be more positive. You don't get the fluffiness you find with the rubber peg. The change is more direct, no false neutrals on yesterdays ride. The foot-pegs which are slimmer than the standard ones, appear to me to make the bike a little more comfortable too.
So I highly recommend changing pegs as finances permit. I'm currently putting my change in a tin to pay for hand-grips next. Not too sure that the Caf? Solo was a good investment though, it feels slightly lower, and seemed comfy enough after 70 odd miles. That was done through the Lakes though. So time, and say, Motorway mileage, will show whether the seat was a good choice or not. Mind you, it gives the Street a more purposeful look so it's been a good choice in that respect.
I'm not looking to change to drag bars. It might effect comfort over distance, given the position of the pegs as they are now.
Byeee for now Street Gang,
Tezza

Re: New pegs a'go'go

Yo Tezza,if the seat's hurting the old farmer giles, nip t' doctors & get one o them rubber ring thingy's to sit on. Tee hee,

Yo Tezza,if the seat's hurting the old farmer giles, nip t' doctors & get one o them rubber ring thingy's to sit on. Tee hee,
Not a lot of sympathy on this fuggin forum going spare, and here's me walking about like I'd been playing mammies and daddies with Tyrone off B Wing !!!

byeee,
Tezza

Hiya Tezza,

Picking up my Glide tomorrow...but still loving the XG....had a little set to with a Mustang on the way to work this morning off of the lights....think my "little" bike (his words) hurt his ego....tw*t....XG's kick botty :wink: :wink: :wink:

Frag

Hi, Chris....It's such fun deflating the ego's of one or two boy racers every now and again. I love doing it coming away from my work. It's so much fun when they realise they've been tempted into speeding and panic braking sets in, lol.
Great to hear about the Glide. I'm sure you'll have lots of great rides out. Stereo blaring your fav tunes, cocooned behind that big old fairing, Jealous, Moi ? Dead right. I'm going to look at a Street Bob tomorrow :D
Byeee,
Tezza

cheers Tezza :distracted: my glide doesn't have a fairing...that's been swapped for a screen that's what caught my eye :wink: Street Bob's are cool love them.

Frag

Back