OMG Road King Electrics nightmare

B

Bowenman

Hi All

Well I picked up the Road King on Friday, road it home, everything in the garden is lovely. Used it yesterday, I think I'm going to enjoy owning this!

Today I decide to give it the once over. Took everything off to check for hidden horrors, and while I had everything exposed I sprayed all the connectors with WD40 as a preventative measure. Put it back together, turned the ignition on and ....... nothing happened, no lights, just nothing.

Damn I though must have blown a fuse, checked them, no problems, checked all the earths, battery etc. What have I done???:confused:

Any help other than sending the men with white coats round. The owners book was about as much good as a chocolate teapot.

Regards

David

Re: OMG Road King Electrics nightmare

have you had the dashinator/where the speedo lives off at all? if so you may have pulled the plug out as you put it back, dont know how far you went?:confused:

I am forever in your debt, the plug under the dash panel was floating in thin air.

And the sun just came out !

David:)

there you go;)

Good call Simon, or as they say, "it's not often he's wrong, but he's right again...".

Back