Performance Plus rider instruction at Cadwell Park 2014

Re: Performance Plus rider instruction at Cadwell Park 2014

Nick, can you pencil me in for this please, would pref July date, but will go with majority. Ta FBB

I will be going into the Road Safety Partnership tomorrow to get the forms for you all to sign and send back to secure your place.

Hi, did you get the forms? Has a date been fixed yet?

Nicky

Most want to go with 14th May so that's what I have booked.

It would be preferable to pay on-line. Follow the link to register first, it's not straightforward but as soon as you register go for Performance+.

If you have a problem with that "PM" with your email address and I'll forward you a form to fill in and return it to me with a cheque so I collect all and will take it in to the Road Safety Partnership.

---------------------------------------------------------------

This from Gary
[FONT=&quot]Hi Nick[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for your interest. Booking for the course has changed this year to On-line, however, as its you :) we'll do it the old fashion way if you want?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you want to get 'the 8' to fill in the attached forms, gather their cash and pay in one go for all via cheque or cash, or get each of them to go to Online Payments | Lincolnshire County Council and book on-line.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Either way, I've provisionally booked you 8 places.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Let me/Andy Know which way you want to go.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Regards[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Gary[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Gary Chance[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Lincolnshire Police Casualty Reduction Officer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lincolnshire Road Safety Partnership[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Witham House[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Pelham Centre[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Canwick Road[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lincoln[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]LN5 8HE[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Tel: 01522 805822[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fax: 01522 805803[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mobile: 07920 275652[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Working together to make the roads of Lincolnshire safe for everyone - Remember, Road Safety is the responsibility of every road user, every day.[/FONT]

Last edited:

Cheers Nick, going to have to wimp out of this. Need every penny to pay for the engine rebuild, and even of I get it done in time (aiming for Talgarth) very doubtful it will be run in and set up in time for a thrashing round Cadwell.

All booked & paid. Thanks Nick

All booked and paid for the May course. Thanks Nick.

It's about 100 miles for me, and they want us there early. So...to be fresh....is there any good B&B's nearby.

Brian.

There are still places available for the Performance+ Rider Training day at Cadwell Park on 14th May. Below is the poster and more information from Gary of the Lincolnshire Road Safety Partnership.
This year will be the third time that I have done it and as well as being a fantastic day riding on one of the best race circuits the instruction means you will be much safer on the road and I'm sure everyone who's done it rides home with much more confidence.

[FONT=&quot]
Motorcycle training saves lives ? For the price of a pair of gloves![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thousands of bikers come to Lincolnshire each year to visit the coast, enjoy the fish and chips, and make the most of our open roads that wind throughout the county. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Statistics show that motorcycle riders are some of the most 'at risk' road users, being 57 times more likely to be killed than car drivers. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In Lincolnshire over the past five years, 36 riders have died on our roads, with an additional 539 seriously injured; in 164 (34%) of these, there was no other vehicle involved.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The best way to be a better, safer rider ? according to the Department for Transport's 'Think!' campaign ? is through training. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bikers using Lincolnshire roads have the opportunity to access a unique, exciting and comprehensive bike training program called Performance Plus at Cadwell Park Motor Sports Circuit. It is not a track day, but road skills training on a track. It takes place over a full day, delivered by qualified police motorcyclists and former crash investigators as well as the renowned company, 'Hopp Rider Training'. It?s all about learning to ride safer and smarter, giving bikers the skills they need to make the most of the road. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Crashes involving motorcyclists are often caused because of three shortcomings in rider ability: braking, swerving and cornering ? it?s these crucial skills that are addressed in our training. You will spend half a day in the classroom analyzing where it has gone wrong, and studying the theory; the other half on the track, improving your braking, slow maneuvering and cornering skills. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The course costs just ?89 ? around the price of a new pair of motorcycle gloves, however, the 14th May course still has spaces. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It is relevant to riders of all abilities (full license A, A1 or A2), and the feedback from previous courses is overwhelmingly positive. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Interested in coming along to the 14th May event? Visit [/FONT][FONT=&quot]www.roadlincs.com[/FONT][FONT=&quot] follow the motorcyclist link to the Performance Plus page, or call 01522 805822 for more information.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gary Chance, Casualty Reduction Officer, former Advanced Police Motorcyclist and Crash Investigator at the Lincolnshire Road Safety Partnership, said:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Riders really need to improve their braking and cornering skills, and the safest place to do that is on track. "I've been riding myself for over 39 years, 27 of which as a police motorcyclist. I did the track session and learnt some new skills plus ?refreshed? some old ones! I'd encourage anyone with a motorbike and full motorcycle license to come along. You never know, it could save your life one day?[/FONT]

Sold my Heritage, so have to do it on the Duke.

An excellent day at Cadwell Park with Mr B, Fleetway and FBB.
Mort has incriminating pictures :439:

Chrome, chrome, a long long way from home

Attachments

• IMG_1622a.jpg
    IMG_1622a.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 0

getting the pipes down - the ultraglide rider's equivalent of the knee down

Attachments

• IMG_4787a.jpg
    IMG_4787a.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 0

some say he plays a mean bass, some say ironheads leak, all we know is ...

he isn't the stig

As it looks like the present Performance Plus motorcycle instructors at Cadwell Park "Hopp Rider Training" will be winding up at the end of the year I am sorely tempted to do the July 2nd course, I cannot do the September one as we shall be in the USA doing Route 66.
Although myself and 3 others did that course last week another day there for ?89 is too tempting.

Any others interested?

PerformancePlusposter2014A4_zpse5df355b.jpg

Is anyone else likely to take over from him. I'd have liked to have done another course next year.

A brilliant day, and I learnt lots of useful things.

Brian.

Back