pillion seat

Jeb

I wonder if any of you people with an extensive knowlege of the parts (goodies) catalogues can help?

I'm looking for a quick way to attach and remove the pillion seat on my StreetBob. I have the pillion seat made for it, but to remove it, you have to remove the seat (both), unscrew the strap joining the pillion to the drivers seat, then remove the bracket from the pillion seat and attach it to the front seat, then move the captive mounting point in the mudguard, then mount the front seat back on the bike.

Not exactly difficult I know, but I would prefer something that I could use to remove it with the same ease that the detachable side plates and sissy bar comes off.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Jeb

Re: pillion seat

Jeb,
When I put a solo seat on my bike I found an old pillion seat from a honda and removed the 4 rubber grommets on the base and fixed four clear suction caps.
You know how people hang supporters banners in their car window's, those sort of suction caps.
I use to have loads at my work but I'm no longer there.
I'll take a photo and post it if ya think it's something you could use.
You'll get the suction caps from any sign shop I would think.

They work great, i don't like having the pillion seat on there all the time and these pop off real easy.

Tibbs

Hope they dont come off too easy when you have a pillion on your bike :rolleyes: :confused:

Phantom Pads
madeintheusa.gif
10-inch long Phantom Pads give you a pillion in an instant, thanks to the suction-cup design. And, if you want more than just good looks, two Phantom Pads come with SaddleGel and the added security of a bolt-down tab for passenger safety. Theres also a 10-inch wide version for wide fender use, and a style with mini saddlebags already attached. Phantom Pads also offers a fender guard base plate only that protects your painted finish when using throw-over saddlebags. Phantom Pads are black leather (except SaddleHyde vinyl styles) over sturdy urethane bases, 1-3/4" thick in most styles, or 1" thick in low profile versions. Replacement component kit contains six paint-saving dual-cavity suction cups and a neoprene p-pad liner. Made in the USA.
Notes: Pads should be installed dry; do not wet either fender or suction cups during installation. Not for use in hot, wet or rough conditions. For cosmetic use only. Not recommended for passengers unless using mount tab versions shown below (810-035 & 810-036).

click on photo....

View attachment 1776

Back