Pipes

T

Trouble 61

I have brought an 05 883L. Due to the demise of the dealership offering Screaming Eagle pipes, it still has standard pipes and does not sound like a Harley. I have a restrictor on it (restricts BHP to 33) as I took 125cc test. Consequently, there is little point me having a Stage 1 until I lose the restriction (2 years time). What pipes would you recommend for my Low?

Thanks for your help on this :cool:

Re: Pipes

hi Bexx,i've got a set of A R harley hot rods to go on maggie's 01 sporty custom,the're the same as these and will look sweet on your's what'd you reckon

c2_1_b.JPG

telboy

As far as i know the only reason you cannot get Screamiing Eagles is because they have 'not for road use' stamped on them.

That leaves an awfull lots of pipes to choose from :D:D;)

hi bexx,i just thought maggie,s sporty was stage 1'd when it went in for the restictor to be fitted,wether it makes a differance i wouldn't know
still good for 75 -80 mph.

The other half runs the V&H Classic 2-1 pipes, they make a really nice sporty sound and are not overly noisy.

so impressed i bought a set for my softail, still have not got round to fitting them yet though

look on ebay before splashing out in this country, bought our sets for about ?150 each

SH

cheers for that - would I be allowed to fit them myself? The bike is brand new and still under warranty. :confused:

I have a picture of a Sportster with Fatboy type pipes, staggers but high and low, they look real cool. Dont know where to get them though

Bexx said:
I have brought an 05 883L. Due to the demise of the dealership offering Screaming Eagle pipes, it still has standard pipes and does not sound like a Harley. I have a restrictor on it (restricts BHP to 33) as I took 125cc test. Consequently, there is little point me having a Stage 1 until I lose the restriction (2 years time). What pipes would you recommend for my Low?

Thanks for your help on this :cool:
Its my turn for some assistance. Restrictor? Somebody educate me here.:confused: :confused:

Basically, the restrictor limits the brake horsepower of the bike to a max of 33. All new riders that have taken the 125 test have to have their bike restricted if it has a bhp in excess of 33. As I understand it, it is a washer/screw thingy that fits onto the throttle where it joins the engine. (d'ya like the technical terms there? :D ) I believe it is to prevent new riders going too fast too quick. The restriction remains in place until the 2nd anniversary of the rider passing the test.

Ok, looked on the net, cleared it up a little. Probably a good idea, I would think that age related would make more sense than just experience though. Made me larf, If I moved back there I`d have to start over with a restrictor:D

Hi Bexx,

Further to my last if you want me to e-mail a picture of the V&H 2-1's PM me with your mail address.

The Cybers know me! does not necesarily mean i am a bad person though:)

telboy said:
hi bexx,i just thought maggie,s sporty was stage 1'd when it went in for the restictor to be fitted,wether it makes a differance i wouldn't know
still good for 75 -80 mph.
Probably doesn't make a difference, because I've got a restrictor, haven't got Stage 1, and mine goes 80-85 mph (probably, not that I ride over 70, of course :D).

I must admit, I assumed that since Stage 1 is supposed to give extra hp, I shouldn't do it until after the restrictor comes off. But when they fit the restrictor, they dyno it to make sure it meets the 33 bhp limit. If the bike is already Stage 1'd, I guess they have to fit a smaller washer, or whatever it is?

Back