Pirates in Brixham

Sea Rat

Club Member
Last year 4 of us went to Paignton for the weekend, to visit the Brixham Pirate Festival. It was a good weekend, so we're going again!

We have booked into Amber House in Paignton to check in late on Friday 28th April and checkout on Bank Holiday Monday 1st May. Amber House is a steep walk from the seafront in Paignton, but choose accommodation to suit your needs, no need to stay in the same place... just choose with walking distance to the Spinning Wheel!

Our plan is to ride down on Friday evening, leaving home about 5pm. It will be a hard, swift ride, but there's no need to let that bother you, set off earlier and take your time. Setting off late is just one of the problems of being married to a teacher!

We will go to the Spinning Wheel in Paignton on Friday... and probably every other evening.
Saturday, ferry across the bay to Brixham to the Pirate Festival. Sunday, probably off upriver to Dartmouth on the steam train. Monday, a steady and interesting ride home (all day).

Why not join us for a weekend with a difference?

Pete - Sea Rat - R9 Assistant Rep

I think Jane and myself , wyvern r.25 rep, are in paignton, this weekend ,maybe catch you for a beer. Ps have you been to the coach house, proper bikers bar and good music in paignton?

It would be good to catch up.
I haven't been to the Coach House, we have arranged to meet up with others in the Spinning Wheel. Will look into the Coach House when we are there! :)

Sorry mate that we didn't get to meet you, we did get to the Brixham pirate festival on the Sunday, Jane and myself were having a stroll around paignton Harbour on the Saturday and there were 4-6 harley riders with black Country accents dressed as pirates,could of been you lot? Did you get to the coach house, excellent band Friday, we were in spinning wheel Saturday night to see band ! Oh well maybe our paths will cross elsewhere.

Hi
I don't think it's us you saw in the harbour.
Shame we missed you, we were in the Spinning Wheel at the same time, but we were upstairs.
There was a couple from R14 in there too.
We had a great weekend, only slightly spoiled by a blow out in my rear tyre after a nasty bump in a pothole on the ride home. Had to be recovered.

Back