Prescott Bike Fest 26 June 2022

Rick

Affiliates Clerk
Anyone interested - please meet me at M5 J27 Tiverton Services, fuelled and ready to depart at 8.30am sharp. We then take a steady ride up the motorway to meet up with other club members from R7 & R14 at Michaelwood Services in Gloustershire for 10am. After a quick coffee and toilet - we then ride as a group to the festival itself.

Well I had a very enjoyable day, albeit on my own to start with. 8.30am at M5 J27 Tiverton Services I set off alone (not one person from R12 turned up), but hey ho - off I went to meet up with members from other regions. At 09.30am I arrived at Michaelwood Services in Gloustershire and was warmly welcomed by 6 members from R14 and 5 members from R7 - quick coffee break and we were off at 10am and arrived at Prescott about 40 minutes later. Another warm welcome by our national PR team (club had a stand) coffee and chocolate provided and a large gathering of members from all over decended on the stand. By lunch time a fellow R12 Member turned up - our very own Mark Windsor, fresh from the weekends Moon Rally in Wales, so I had a companion for the ride back to the South West. Anyway, I had a great day, stayed dry and dodged a few showers, the old Fat Bob never missed a beat - so happy days!

It was nice to see you all at prescott today, nice change having lots of club members
sat outside a marquee in the sunshine SOBER.
Thanks for calling in on the stand, hope to see you all soon.

Thanks John, great video that captures how nice the ride was (despite the odd light shower) most of the day was in glorious sunshine and the Cotswolds area is stunning. Always a pleasure to catch up with you and all our club friends from a multitude of regions that we met on the way and even more at the event itself.

Back